Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with epoxy resin

• 13-01-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Looking at using epoxy resin To pour over a coffee table and place items within the resin. Anyone worked with this before and could tell me what product to use and where to get it?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi paddy, I work with epoxy resin and can try to answer any questions you might have. I use west systems and get from http://www.marineparts.ie/paint-and-maintenance/epoxy-repair-kits/epoxy-kits/ as it comes with pumps that make easy for mixing, depending on how clear you want the finish the more expensive it can get, for my next job I will be using 207 hardener and thats about as good as you can get but it's not cheep :eek: The thing with epoxy is you can only mix a small amount at a time as it heats up very quick so you will have to build up a few layers to cover your items.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The Concrete Doctor

Looking at using epoxy resin To pour over a coffee table and place items within the resin. Anyone worked with this before and could tell me what product to use and where to get it?

It depends what you want to do exactly. Do you want to encapsulate the items or just stick them down? Do you wnt it to be clear (opaque) or coloured? There are loads of ways to use epoxies and loads of products to use. Give us a bit more information about what you want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Seen it done in toilets in spain, the slab was about ten foot by 3foot, the finished article looked very good,

Advertisement