Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 battery failing daily

• 13-01-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone 5 since about October I think. The battery in the phone is becoming more and more frustrating. Most days when it gets down around 20-30% battery level it will shut itself off and if you try turn it back on it will tell you it's empty and need to plug it in. If you shake the device for 5 seconds the phone will reboot and will show a random % normally between 20-30 again but not the figure it has died at. I thought I was imagining it for weeks but tonight it turned off 4 times. Each time on a reboot it gave me different battery levels. 30%, 24% , 18% and then it shot back up to 30% on the last boot up. Has this happened to anyone else's iPhone 5? Even though I know it's clearly faulty in reluctant to return it to Apple themselves as the last two turns I returned my iPhone 4S's they told me there was nothing wrong though there was clearly a hardware fault on both devices. Basically I'm wondering is this a known fault with the iPhone 5? A quick Google brought up nothing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

There were some reports of loose batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry meant to get back to this sooner. It died that night yet again. I rang Apple first thing Monday and said they'd collect it but I'm still waiting on the empty box. She emailed me on battery diagnostics and said it would need to be collected. Hopefully they'll give me a new battery or new iPhone altogether

Advertisement