Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for something similar to an instrumental I can't get

Options
  • 13-01-2013 11:23pm

Hi all,

Sorry if the thread title is a bit all over the place. It's an odd one. Pretty much, I watch a few TV shows here and there. One such show is That 70's Show. Much like most TV shows, throughout the show they use a mix of 'real' music and production music.

Often times the 'real' music gets swapped out for production tracks to avoid paying royalties for DVD releases and such. Generally they use a similar sounding piece of music.

So I figure if I come to this forum, where no doubt there are people into all sorts of rock music and such, I'm hoping someone can help me find something that'd be somewhat similar to a piece of production music that's used in That 70's Show.

I've contacted Ben Vaugh (credited for music in That 70's Show) via his website/eMail (no reply) but I assume the track belongs to Carsey Werner Productions (who offer no email address on their site, and don't really want to ring them to be told to cop on and go away). So I don't think I'll be able to acquire this track properly.

However, I've been humming it for ages (I've been wanting it for a long time now) so I'm just looking to see if I can find something similar.

The music I'm talking about is played during both of these Youtube videos.

1. Plays at the start of this, from 0:07 to 1:15

2: Playing in the background for this entire clip.

It sounds pretty generic, so I'm hoping that it accompanies a fair few pieces of music. I'm into WWE music, and they've used a lot of production music over the years, but nothing similar, unfortunately.

Anyone know of anything similar? From reading t'internet forums, it'd seem that a lot of Led Zeppelin music got removed from the show, so I'm guessing it may be a rip off of a Led Zeppelin track, but I've youtubed a few of their songs to no avail.

Realise it's an odd one, but sure no harm asking :)

Cheers :)

Comments

Advertisement