Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login Issues (Chrome)

Options
  • 11-01-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Did a quick search but when I try to log in using the Chrome browser, I simply get a white page that says "An internal server error has occured. Please try again later."

It was like that when I tried to sign up to Boards initially and I had to use IE9 to sign up and post on Boards, same on my work/home machines.

Have I missed something blantently obvious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I figured it'd be better posted here than not at all.

For the past few months, I have been unable to login to Boards using Google Chrome. While it wasn't too much of an issue previously, Firefox is now freezing every time I open a new tab, so I can't really use Boards without using Chrome anymore.

If I try using the Login button at the top right of the page, I get sent to a white page that just says "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later."

I've cleared my cache and tried on multiple computers and I always get the same error when using Google Chrome. Are there any known fixes for this, or is it a website issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Can you take a screenshot of the page you see? Are there any addons or extension installed in Chrome? What version of Windows are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Can you take a screenshot of the page you see? Are there any addons or extension installed in Chrome? What version of Windows are you running?

I've attached a screenshot below of what I see. The URL (with the redirect) is the default URL if I click login in the top right of the homepage. I've tried removing the redirect portion (so just https://www.boards.ie/auth/login) but I still get the same error.

The only extension I had enabled was StumbleUpon toolbar, but I've disabled that now as well, so nothing else running.

Wow, that's a pretty low level error occurring there, I'll get the sysadmins to take a look at it.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm having the login issue too, only in Chrome. Using latest version, v24 on WinXP
    IE, FF, Opera, etc all ok (I'm typing this from FF :)) Chrome on my Android, fine too.
    Session or presistant cookie, same issue.
    Disabled all extensions, no joy.

It worked fine until today morning but I've seen it before so this time I decided to check if anyone else also had this issue.

• Advertisement

Hi biko,

Is it an intermittent issue or does it happen all the time? Would you mind trying to log in via Chrome on http://touch.boards.ie?

I'll fire up my Windows XP test environment and see if I can reproduce once you get back to me.

Danny

Yeah it's been intermittent for Chrome, afaik the other browsers never had this issue.
    It was out for maybe three hours this time but just now started working again (typing from WinXp/Chrome now.
    I didn't think of trying touch during the issue but that is working now fwiw.

If it happens again I'll save the cookie for Chrome and enclose it in my post.

biko wrote: »
    Yeah it's been intermittent for Chrome, afaik the other browsers never had this issue.
    It was out for maybe three hours this time but just now started working again (typing from WinXp/Chrome now.
    I didn't think of trying touch during the issue but that is working now fwiw.

If it happens again I'll save the cookie for Chrome and enclose it in my post.

Would be better to send it over PM - don't want anybody stealing data. When it happens next could you try touch? The problem is in our SSL handler (pound), very high up the chain.

Sure, will PM that thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement