Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer to ucc

• 14-01-2013 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi just wondering does anyone now the process you have to take to transfer into second year into a course in ucc. I'm in first year in UL doing economics and sociology and will be hoping to transfer into 2nd year arts in ucc. anybody have any experience with stuff like this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

Jaysky wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone now the process you have to take to transfer into second year into a course in ucc. I'm in first year in UL doing economics and sociology and will be hoping to transfer into 2nd year arts in ucc. anybody have any experience with stuff like this?

There's a form.. and i think u need to have achieved the points that those arts students did when they got in. I failed to transfer since the science course I was doing was apparently too different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

So ring up the admissions office and request a transfer form

Most major thing to consider - you need to have acquired the points for the year of entry so since you want to head into 2nd year of Arts you need to have whatever points for this year

2nd thing you need to do is have the transcripts from your 1st year exams

3rd thing you need to do is print off a description of every module that you took in 1st year so the college can see if you're able to deal with 2nd year

And then apply and just wait - I didn't find out if I was accepted until 2-3 weeks before college was due to start

Word of warning though - I'm having issues with getting the grant for final year because I was 2 years in UCD. Allegedly I have to complete 2 years in UCC before I'm eligible for the grant again but I'm contesting this anyway so

So ring up the admissions office and request a transfer form

Most major thing to consider - you need to have acquired the points for the year of entry so since you want to head into 2nd year of Arts you need to have whatever points for this year

2nd thing you need to do is have the transcripts from your 1st year exams

3rd thing you need to do is print off a description of every module that you took in 1st year so the college can see if you're able to deal with 2nd year

And then apply and just wait - I didn't find out if I was accepted until 2-3 weeks before college was due to start

Word of warning though - I'm having issues with getting the grant for final year because I was 2 years in UCD. Allegedly I have to complete 2 years in UCC before I'm eligible for the grant again but I'm contesting this anyway so

What course did you transfer from?? I think they've since done away with the points issue as of 2013, but I may be wrong on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jaysky

Thanks for the replies. Yeah i rang admissions office and they're sending me out the form next week. The points shouldn't be a problem if that system is still in place. The only thing i can see that would hamper me transferring would be the modules i'm doing at the moment. But im sure i could work something out.

What course did you transfer from?? I think they've since done away with the points issue as of 2013, but I may be wrong on that!

Arts to Arts - however I changed from major/minor english & film studies to single honours english with 10 credits french

• Advertisement

Arts to Arts - however I changed from major/minor english & film studies to single honours english with 10 credits french

Was that transfer within the college though??

Was that transfer within the college though??

Oh. No. UCD to UCC.

Advertisement