Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?Help with visa~

• 14-01-2013 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am planning on travelling to Canada for at least a year and am trying to apply for a visa i am aware that they have not been released yet but i dont know what exactly i need to do....i have tried to apply through usit but because i hold a British passport (although i have lived in Ireland nearly all my life ) it wont let me apply through there website...if anyone could guide me in the right direction that could be great :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from US/ Canada Travel forum, which is obsolete, to the Canada forum ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You are going to need an Irish passport. I have a British passport, but because I live here, and have done for like all my life, I don't satisfy the residency conditions to apply via my Brit passport (you have to have your normal place of residence - eg the home you live in) in the UK to go through your British passport. So like me you will need to apply for an Irish passpport (if you don't already have one) and apply from Ireland as an Irish resident.

Advertisement