Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chewing

• 14-01-2013 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Shes near 8 months old, eats everything. I get her toys and all she wont quit! lab pup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Get her a Kong and fill it with stuff and freeze it, will keep her occupied for hours.

How much exercise is she getting? At 8 months shes prob still teething so her teeth will be at her.

Just get a load of things like rope toys and nylabones, they are great for chewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

for around the house use clove oil is great to stop them chewing furniture, they hate the taste of it
    just dont put it on white esp plastic (washing machine dryer) etc as it will stain it yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Antler chews are brilliant! Check out antlerdoghews.co.uk - they do easy chews for puppies where the antler is split down the middle to get them interested.

VCH105667 for £5 off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Nyla bones have been my saviour with two serious chewers in the house.

You can also get similar in a ring version that is a chocolate flavour, (great for chocaholic dogs - apparently one of my dogs in her previous family life got hold of a tin of Quality Street as a pup....her nose heads straight for any box now, have to warn my parents when I visit to hide it all away!!)

Never mind soft toys etc, they're through those in a flash at that age and are a waste of money. Rope toys and nylabones.... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Also use vicks vapor rub on furniture to stop chewing. I have 4 labs and 3 under 2 and still terrible for chewing anything that's left around.
    I'd be lost with the kong's. Even a light coat in beanutbutter will keep them quiet for ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement