Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad slowwwwwww

• 14-01-2013 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

ok someone please explain and please explain how to fix
    i was recently abroad and was using wifi in hotel. For reasons i could not fathom my android phone was way way faster than ipad on the hotel wifi. even if i enabled data sharing and wifi hotspot on the android handset (via HSPDA or whatever it is called) - still the ipad was unusuably slow.

What gives ?

Why did android handset do what I wanted whlist ipad was unusuably slow ???

WHY ????

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ok someone please explain and please explain how to fix
    i was recently abroad and was using wifi in hotel. For reasons i could not fathom my android phone was way way faster than ipad on the hotel wifi. even if i enabled data sharing and wifi hotspot on the android handset (via HSPDA or whatever it is called) - still the ipad was unusuably slow.

What gives ?

Why did android handset do what I wanted whlist ipad was unusuably slow ???

WHY ????

was it free WiFi, open to all or one of those systems that you get a code and enter it on your device which gives you 1 hour or similar?

My thinking is that two devices logged under the same code, wont allow the second device to function properly :confused:

I may be way off the mark here though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kceire wrote: »
    was it free WiFi, open to all or one of those systems that you get a code and enter it on your device which gives you 1 hour or similar?

My thinking is that two devices logged under the same code, wont allow the second device to function properly :confused:

I may be way off the mark here though :o

It was hotel wifi with same password for all guests. worked well but a tad slow on my Samsung phone and my friends samsung phone, but unusuably slow on ipad. My friend thought it might have been a bandwidth thing - i.e. pics etc on ipad were bigger and enough to slow it down. I dunno though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What speeds were you getting on each device?
    Is your pad set up to sync with cloud as soon as it finds a wifi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

biko wrote: »
    What speeds were you getting on each device?

Oh don't know - honestly I didn't think to measure it - lets say samsung - less than 30 second to load a standard page - ipad - 10 mins +

Advertisement