Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address on license

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Well lads,
    Just a quick question, the renewals are up for the guns and my shotgun license still has the old address on it (i have sent in the form for change of details)when I was in applying for my rifle license I asked the guard and he said it would be on the system I'm just wondering is this the case or should I have got a new license ( I'm hoping there will be no problems with the renewal) Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Are you asking if the new address that you sent them via the change of details form will be down for your rifle?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

Probably wasn't very clear, the new address is on the Rifle license as I got it when I was living at the new address but I the old address is still on the shotgun license even though I sent in the form to change it should the new address be on the shotgun license?

Ah, got ya.

Any change of address should be recorded. So if you sent in an FCA2 to have the details changed then a new license will be issued with the new address. If you sent in anything bar an FCA2 they may not process it. So re-send the change of details via an FCA2.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

I asked in the Local Garda station about 2 years ago and he said it'll be on the system is there anyway of checking that or anyone I can contact without rubbing the local gaurd up the wrong way?

You are not rubbing him/her p the wrong way. It's a legal thing so you can use this as the reason why you are checking.

Ring the FO, tell them you want to confirm the address that is recorded on PULSE for you. If he gives you your old address, then fill out an FCA2, and on the left put your old address, and on the right your new address.

Just make sure you fill out the amendment section, and not the cancel section. They are clearly marked on the form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

dto001 wrote: »
    I asked in the Local Garda station about 2 years ago and he said it'll be on the system is there anyway of checking that or anyone I can contact without rubbing the local gaurd up the wrong way?

I have had the same problem, some of my Licences came to my new address which I am at for 18 months, I aw a discrepancy in my current one which is due soon, phoned GS still going on my old address even though they have my new address, not only that I changed address, but also stations due to different jurisdiction

Advertisement