Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Models for Children

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Just wondering has anybody got any advice on showing models to children. I've a class of 8/9 year olds who are spending most of their time praying for snow. I'd love to be able to show them some stuff that would explain it very simply.

If anybody on this forum thinks they are excited about snow then you really should see what this gang are like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

There's probably loads on youtube,id help but I'm no expert unfortunatly.
    Try this link for charts,from I'm reading here it needs to be around -8 in the upper atmosphere at 850 level and we need some precipitation also.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/comp_panel.php

There are some stickies in here aswell written by past and present members who are very
    experienced in their field.
    Great to see the children taking an interest.
    Future forecasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Bejubby wrote: »
    There's probably loads on youtube,id help but I'm no expert unfortunatly.
    Try this link for charts,from I'm reading here it needs to be around -8 in the upper atmosphere at 850 level and we need some precipitation also.

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/comp_panel.php

There are some stickies in here aswell written by past and present members who are very
    experienced in their field.
    Great to see the children taking an interest.
    Future forecasters.

In fairness they can get a few snow days if it snows so they are slightly biased (So am I)

Advertisement