Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming RTE Player to WD TV Live?

• 14-01-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I have no idea whether this is the correct forum for this question, suggestions for better locations are welcome.

I was wondering whether it is possible to stream on-line "players" such as the RTE Player to the HD TV Live box? If so, how?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

With Apple TV you can stream from the RTE Player App (and other such apps) on your phone to the TV, via Airplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Wunderbar. But I own a WD TV, not an Apple TV.

"RTE Player App" .... hmmmmmmm. Interesting. Didn't think of looking for an app.

Sadly I don't think there is an Android App - or a Windows proggie - for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If theres a browser on the WD you could try that.

I'm afraid there isn't ...

• Advertisement

I was considering using a Rasberry Pi for as a media box for RTE Player. But tbh the ads are so intrusive now on the RTE Player I'm not going to bother.

Indeed. I reckoned that if it were easy to implement it might be a nice to have. But if they're going to make it difficult, I can only go [shrug] and "meh".

Wanted to look at something last night. Had to sit through almost 4 mins of the same ads repeated to find the program I was looking at. I gave up after that.

Ugh. I find the same with the BBC Website. Being forced to watch an ad before you can watch the article you're interested in is bad enough. Being forced to watch the SAME ad every time is just ... nasty.

Advertisement