Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Plumber price

Options
  • 14-01-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

So I had a burst bath tap at 7pm and figured that I should get it fixed it sharpish. $380 for the call out and 750$ odd for labour and new taps, have I just been had or is this pretty standard??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

So I had a burst bath tap at 7pm and figured that I should get it fixed it sharpish. $380 for the call out and 750$ odd for labour and new taps, have I just been had or is this pretty standard??

Sounds like a lot but being on call is different from working 9-5, nothing worse than sitting down to your dinner and the phone goes off.

My company charge $500 hr door-to-door after 6pm with a contract, $1100 hr door-to-door without a contract.

If it was me I would have turned the stopcock and went to Reece tomorrow, you could have just turned on the stopcock long enough to fill your cistren and brush your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sounds high tbh.
    Call out might be about right, but $750 for parts and labour look a lot to me (assuming the tap was pretty standard, not a hidden cost etc).

Did you check rates before hand?
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    If it was me I would have turned the stopcock and went to Reece tomorrow, you could have just turned on the stopcock long enough to fill your cistren and brush your teeth.
    That's what I'd have done too. I had a shower tap break at 7pm one friday.

Advertisement