Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New house with solar tubes

• 14-01-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,I have just moved into a new property which has solar tubes on roof. The property was built around 4 years ago and hasnt been occupied since. (It has been used as a showhouse). Is there anything i should be doing now regarding the maintanance of the tubes? Not really getting any substantial hot water from the taps at the moment. The tubes seem to be controlled by a Deltasol BS unit in the hot press. Thanks for any info.Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

you won't be getting much heat from solar tubes in January.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

Firstly check the system pressure, you should see a pressure gauge on the Solar Pump Station adjacent to where the pipework to the (red) expansion vessel is teed off. This should read 1.5 to 2.5 Bar.. If there is no pressure indication then the system will have to be checked for leaks and re pressurised, 4 years is a long time for an evacuated tube system to lie idle. If it is pressurised then even in January, as long as you have any bit of sunshine, you should hear the circ pump starting and stopping and you should be able to see the various temperatures on the Controller Graphics. Dont know your location in the country but today, in Cork, my (2 X F.Plate) made 3.15 Kwh which is enough to raise a "150 Litre" Store temperature by 18C...JTC

Advertisement