Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMessage delivery times

• 14-01-2013 12:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do people find iMessage delivery times? Some times its straight away but lately I've found it can take an age. Is it a netwotk problem? Or is it an apple server problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Do you have it set up to send as text message if the other person doesn't have a data connection?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

brophs wrote: »
    Do you have it set up to send as text message if the other person doesn't have a data connection?

Not sure. It shouldnt be an issue as its to my wife who is at home with a least wifi available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Wifi is turned off when the phone is locked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ah right. Didnt know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

guil wrote: »
    Wifi is turned off when the phone is locked

I don't think it immediately turns off and if the phone is plugged in it will remain on for iCloud Sync-ing etc if Wifi is available.

I find the biggest slow up is PAYG customers who don't have data enabled on the iPhone. You get the iMessage 'blue' but when it sends it doesn't deliver (Obviously) and the iPhone eventually sends as a text. Can be very annoying. However from my Mac to iPhone its normally instant.

I'm with Meteor Bill Pay. Any slow down would be a network issue in my eyes not Apple servers.

• Advertisement

both phones are bill pay with unlimted data plans. Signal is usally very good in the hosue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Always instant delivery for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

It's been very unreliable for me lately - message delivery has been delayed or fallen back to SMS quite a bit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I dont think this is only iMessage related, but does anybody get the beep beep for a new SMS and when you go into the messege and theres nothing for maybe 10 seconds, then it pops up in the conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I've always found iMessages very slow to deliver, if they even deliver at all.

Even testing within the same house, both iPhone 4's with full wifi signal and full phone provider signal. Sending a message and it sometimes doesn't deliver at all, and instead sends as text message a few minutes later.

It's very frustrating.

Is it a Mac thing, or your phone provider thing?

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    I dont think this is only iMessage related, but does anybody get the beep beep for a new SMS and when you go into the messege and theres nothing for maybe 10 seconds, then it pops up in the conversation?

I get that aleast once a day. I find if you go back into the main message menu you can see the preview then go into the message and its there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

in my case, the imessage keeps trying until the recipient is not online. i was expecting it to send as a text message if the other side is not available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I was just using it and it is grand for me . I'm on 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

kceire wrote: »

That's happened me a few times....very odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Same here. If I want the message to through straight away I just press and hold the message for a second and it gives the option to send as a text message.

BDJW wrote: »

It would happen to me on a daily basis. Not on every messege, but most if i am honest, and its not restricted to iMessege, standard SMS affected too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Well it had never happened before iOS 6. But it doesn't happen often at all for me thankfully

Well it had never happened before iOS 6. But it doesn't happen often at all for me thankfully

+1

Never happened on my iPhone 4.
    Both myself and the GF, both on iPhone 5, have this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

This happens to me at least 6 or 7 times a day, very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have the option selected as yes.
    but when the other person is not connected to net, it does not send as text.

Advertisement