Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

831 Miles for Lily Mae (Sunni Mae Trust)

Options
  • 14-01-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭

Over St. Patrick's weekend I am doing a 831 mile journey on a motorcycle for the Sunni Mae Trust (Lily Mae). I am leaving Claregalway, heading to Clifden, then to Letterkenny, Ballycastle, Wexford, Cork, Killarney and back to Claregalway to finish, all with 24 hours. This is the Iron Butts Circuit of Ireland route

Starting on Friday 15th at 11am from Clargalway

Online donations can be done at http://www.idonate.ie/831mls4lilymae and I hope to be able to collect around Galway before the event. The route map is http://goo.gl/maps/CP5am but was done in reverse

I will post rough times in case anyone wants to do a mile or two with me :)

Rough timetable (there is a leeway of +20 minutes in these times)

Town Time
    Claregalway 11:00
    Clifden 12:56
    Letterkenny 17:46
    BallyCastle 19:53
    Wexford 00:33
    Cork 03:32
    Killarney 05:11
    Claregalway 08:11

Going to plan, I hope to arrive in Claregalway (Lly Mae's home town) just after 9am

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very best of luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

best of luck and i'll join you for a mile or two from clifden!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Thanks folks, I added a rough timetable. The fuel stops are every 150 miles or so. The times I added are allowing 20-30 minutes extra, in one there is almost 40 minutes added. There will be a spotwalla link added so people can track online if they want

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

You doing this on the Saturday, yeah? If I get the trike back up & running in time, I'll join you for the Ballycastle stretch to head south for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

If I'm not stuck in work I'll join you in Sligo. Assume you'll be passing through.

Best of luck with it all.

• Advertisement

It was supposed to be the 15th into the 16th but the idonate page seems to have changed it to the 16th. I am going on the basis it finishes the 16th lol. Will edit first post to show this. Yep am passing through Sligo, stopping for petrol and tae :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

nearly two hours to get to clifden from claregalway? you leaving the deauville at home and using a moped:p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

thecivvie wrote: »
    It was supposed to be the 15th into the 16th but the idonate page seems to have changed it to the 16th. I am going on the basis it finishes the 16th lol. Will edit first post to show this. Yep am passing through Sligo, stopping for petrol and tae :)
    Nice one. I work in a petrol station so even if I am stuck there you can call in! We'll sponsor the tae!

serious3 wrote: »
    nearly two hours to get to clifden from claregalway? you leaving the deauville at home and using a moped:p?

LOL, no to do Iron Butt events you need to start and have a petrol receipt timed within a few minutes, then allowing for traffic etc. these are the latest times and when I did the Saddle Sore 1000 for Aware in September, at the end I was on the time I said

Over the weekend my premature grandson past away, so the event is postponed until later on this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

thecivvie wrote: »
    Over the weekend my premature grandson past away, so the event is postponed until later on this year

Really sorry to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

Condolences on your loss, that's terrible.

Advertisement