Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have Problems with Markus Muhle food

• 14-01-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I got a couple of bags of this and we're halfway through the second one. The dogs are doing great on it, but about a week ago T started to turn her nose up at it, which is very unusual for her. I thought it may be that the pieces are too big for her, so I started to add a bit of water and she still wouldn't eat it. I've been chopping it up for the last couple of days and she'll eat it but she's not too enthusiastic. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the size of the kibbles.

It's really bugging me that I'll have to switch foods as their poos have been perfect for the first time in ages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I buy LUKULLUS, same cold pressed process but I find it better quality

My dogs are thriving on this food, small poos, easy to pick up with no mess, great coat. they have NEVER turned their nose down at it.

The only thins is, those 15kg bags can go off quicly, especially if u get 2 at a time so avail of the great offer

I would like to start buying 2 bags each time again let me know if you would like to team up to get a better price ! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd love to keep going with the Muhle because the dog with the dodgy digestion is doing so well on it that even OH has remarked on the improvement in the quality of her poo, she wolfs it into herself with no problem, it's the other dog that just isn't fussed about it. I'm going to get something else tonight and see if she'll eat another food before I start worrying about her too much. I honestly think it's a mixture of the fact that the kibbles are very big and she has trouble eating them, and the fact that they seem to be really dry; both dogs are drinking a couple of pints of water a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

kylith wrote: »
    I got a couple of bags of this and we're halfway through the second one. The dogs are doing great on it, but about a week ago T started to turn her nose up at it, which is very unusual for her. I thought it may be that the pieces are too big for her, so I started to add a bit of water and she still wouldn't eat it. I've been chopping it up for the last couple of days and she'll eat it but she's not too enthusiastic. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the size of the kibbles.

It's really bugging me that I'll have to switch foods as their poos have been perfect for the first time in ages.

If you find the food really suits her and your pocket, then I would put down the food and if she does not eat it within 15 minutes I would lift the food bowl and then offer it again when her food is next due and so forth and sooner rather then later she will eat it. Dogs won't ever starve.

In my house nothing is refused!:D

Knine wrote: »
    If you find the food really suits her and your pocket, then I would put down the food and if she does not eat it within 15 minutes I would lift the food bowl and then offer it again when her food is next due and so forth and sooner rather then later she will eat it. Dogs won't ever starve.

In my house nothing is refused!:D

I've done that, which is why she's eating it now (all the time looking at me as if to say "I'll eat it, but I'm not going to pretend to like it"), but T such a good grubber usually that her turning her nose up at anything is highly unusual, and I would consider it a cause for concern (not too much concern though, since her appetite for treats doesn't seem to be affected). She'll eat it grudgingly, as long as the two dogs are separated, but if R is there T will let her muscle in and eat the food.

She is just holding out for something better :D

I decide what mine eat and its usually something that keeps them looking good and suits the pocket with decent ingredients.

When she realises there is nothing else (and no treats) she will soon get used to it.

• Advertisement

She might be, but I kind of doubt it because she's never learned to expect something better. They've been on dry food only for the last 5 years, and I've only changed brands when I absolutely had to (company went bust, food really didn't suit them). Since this has started we have made sure not to give her anything other than her usual ration, plus a slice of dentastick about an inch long, as per usual when they go outside for the day.

I know I sound like I'm rationalising, but she's only been dismissive of food once before, and she learned then that dinner is what's in the bowl and if she doesn't eat it she'll go hungry. Not eating means she has to watch R eat two dinners, rather than Kylith filling her bowl with chicken or ham in case she's peaky.

It all really depends on whether you want to stick with it providing you are sure she is not unwell or you want to try something else.

On very cold days here I soak the food in warm water and add a tiny bit of tinned food and mine love this so you could try that or else just mix some in with the dry food. You only need a very small amount. It just makes the food more appealing.

Advertisement