Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my first bill today on a €22 a month plan for €290 !!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 14-01-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Thought moving my daughter to this plan would work out better, obviously not. I rang customer services and they said she went over her plan (which I thought you couldn't do - I thought once she reached her limit that was that til the next month!), but on inspection of the bill half the charges seem to be text to her mates who are all meteor - these texts are supposed to be free! I raised this with the girl and she was adamant that e-mobile never did free texts to meteor, even though I got credit from them the first time I had to ring them as she was charged for meteor texts and then too. To add injury , I was credited €29 the second time they overchared and cut the number off, but that has now come on the bill as an over-due amount!! After being that no such offer of free texts and calls to meteor existed, I have found several pages online to back this up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

OK, the problem is definitely the free emobile to meteor calls and texts. When I upgraded from the 30-20 P.A.Y.G plan to the select 300 bill pay plan, I was assured that I would still get free calls and texts to meteor numbers. Now there seems to be no knowledge of this within the emobile/eircom company. Can a member of staff please contact me about this??

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

kingaaa wrote: »
    OK, the problem is definitely the free emobile to meteor calls and texts. When I upgraded from the 30-20 P.A.Y.G plan to the select 300 bill pay plan, I was assured that I would still get free calls and texts to meteor numbers. Now there seems to be no knowledge of this within the emobile/eircom company. Can a member of staff please contact me about this??
    Hi kingaaa,

Could you PM me your daughters mobile number and pin I can get this looked into for you. None of our bill pay plans include free calls and texts to Meteor numbers. This is only available on our Prepaid plans.

Grainne

Hi kingaaa,

Could you PM me your daughters mobile number and pin I can get this looked into for you. None of our bill pay plans include free calls and texts to Meteor numbers. This is only available on our Prepaid plans.

Grainne
    Grainne, I have sent the number via pm. I was assured by the girl in the santry store that I would still get these free calls - there is no way I would have moved otherwise as all her friends are meteor. In fact when I was having problems signing up online (yourself and Tony helped me out) I tried calling, and a lady on the phone told me the same thing.

Grainne, I have sent the number via pm. I was assured by the girl in the santry store that I would still get these free calls - there is no way I would have moved otherwise as all her friends are meteor. In fact when I was having problems signing up online (yourself and Tony helped me out) I tried calling, and a lady on the phone told me the same thing.
    Hi kingaa,

Could you PM the name of the agent that advised you of this and also the time and date you were in the store. This information definitely is not correct. Only our Prepaid plans include free calls and texts to Meteor in the plans.

Grainne

Hi kingaa,

Could you PM the name of the agent that advised you of this and also the time and date you were in the store. This information definitely is not correct. Only our Prepaid plans include free calls and texts to Meteor in the plans.

Grainne
    Grainne, dont know her name, the date was around the time I switched as the agent advised me I couldn't swith to the billpay plan instore, the offer was only online - after that yourself and Tony helped me to sign up

• Advertisement

Grainne, dont know her name, the date was around the time I switched as the agent advised me I couldn't swith to the billpay plan instore, the offer was only online - after that yourself and Tony helped me to sign up
    Thanks for letting me know kingaaa.

I am getting this checked out at the moment.

As soon as I get an update on this I will get back to you.

Grainne

OK, its official - I have NEVER had a worse customer-service based experience than this. Not only have this company constantly messed up, i.e. it took nearly 7 days to port my number from their own company (I went from PAYG to bill pay), the have charged me for calls I should have had for free...I have had to be credited twice for mis-billing (I have only been with them 4 months), but now I've been told I am a liar, and I was never told when I switched to bill-pay from PAYG I would get free calls and texts to Meteor!!! I know what I was told, why would I switch from an account that had free emobile to meteor calls and texts to an account that did not seeing as I already had to be credited for such calls? I will not be paying this bill - I will go to the small claims court if the pursue it - I WILL MAKE IT MY BUSINESS TO STEER AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - they are without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with, I would have more respect for them if they sent somebody to my home to hit me over the head with a bat and take the money from my pocket!!!!

OK, its official - I have NEVER had a worse customer-service based experience than this. Not only have this company constantly messed up, i.e. it took nearly 7 days to port my number from their own company (I went from PAYG to bill pay), the have charged me for calls I should have had for free...I have had to be credited twice for mis-billing (I have only been with them 4 months), but now I've been told I am a liar, and I was never told when I switched to bill-pay from PAYG I would get free calls and texts to Meteor!!! I know what I was told, why would I switch from an account that had free emobile to meteor calls and texts to an account that did not seeing as I already had to be credited for such calls? I will not be paying this bill - I will go to the small claims court if the pursue it - I WILL MAKE IT MY BUSINESS TO STEER AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - they are without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with, I would have more respect for them if they sent somebody to my home to hit me over the head with a bat and take the money from my pocket!!!!
    Hi kingaaa,

I totally understand the frustration and concern that this bill hascaused you and my apologies for this.

I definitely would not advise that you were lying in regard to whatyou advised. I was in contact with the Manager of the store in question and the agents in the store and they have advised that they would never tell a customer that it is possible for a billpay customer  to make free calls to Meteor numbers. Thisoffer is only available on our Prepaid plans. If you are not willing to pay the outstanding bill I will be unable to guarantee service on your phone.

I understand you have had a bad customer care experience since joiningthe network but I have assisted you as much as was possible for me.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

In fact when I was having problems signing up online (yourself and Tony helped me out) I tried calling, and a lady on the phone told me the same thing.

Kingaaa if what you're saying about the customer service agent on the phone is true. Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 you can request the recording ofthis conversation you had with the agent on the phone and this should prove it that you were misled into joining emobile. It's your word against the staff in the emobile store, you won't be able to prove it that they mislead you into signing the contract.

Advertisement