Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field next to Portmarnock station

Options
  • 14-01-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's happening with the field just beside Portmarnock train station? Hoardings recently put up, and have been even more recently painted a blue/grey colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

There is also some metal fencing after going up in the field between portmarnock and the moyne river. Not sure if their linked in any way. I did hear few years back that they were putting a new road from clongriffin through to portmarnock through those fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Hi there.

I've not seen the hoardings etc you mention but I think you might be referring to this?

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/LocalAreaPlans/PortmarnockLocalAreaPlan/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Thanks for that!

Looks like substantial development was being planned back in 2006. I can't really see the high-density residential development happening now, but maybe they're going ahead with the "proposed distributor road", which looks to have nearly a dozen roundabouts...

to encourage more intensive commercial development,
    to integrate lands at South Portmarnock adjacent to the rail line, and
    to rejuvenate the existing village core.

The link between Portmarnock Station and the centre of Portmarnock town will be emphasised by the creation of an attractive street along Station Road, with appropriately scaled frontage development, pedestrian and cycle paths, hard and soft landscaping, traffic calming, traffic management, parking control measures and improvement of the junction at Coast Road. These works will assist in improving pedestrian facilities along Station Road. In this regard a new pedestrian bridge will be provided at the existing railway bridge.

The scale of existing development on the north side of this road should be reflected on the south side and the intervening area utilised for amenity space, tree planting, street furniture, carriageway, pedestrian and cycle route development to integrate development on both sides.
    The commercial provision requires an urban node design solution as a key to the development of a boulevard. This will feature double frontage tall buildings, an appropriate intensity of mixed use development, with tree planting, surface materials, finishes and street furniture defining the core area around the junction with the proposed distributor road.

Tall buildings?. Thats all thats needed is more apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Thanks for that!

Looks like substantial development was being planned back in 2006. I can't really see the high-density residential development happening now

Would certainly seem daft to press ahead now.

• Advertisement

Is there no way the council can revoke the planning permissions for things like apartments and over supply of commercial units

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

neris wrote: »
    Is there no way the council can revoke the planning permissions for things like apartments and over supply of commercial units

Nobody's going to build anything there in this climate. Except perhaps the council, if they had preapproval for funding for the connecting road.

Advertisement