Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good finger food in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 14-01-2013 2:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I am going to be bringing out staff and their partners out for a evening out for my new company next Friday week (approx 16 people). I am looking for a pub/hotel which does good finger food at a reasonable price and which would not be loud. I was originally thinking of Toddys at the Gresham Hotel in O'Connell Street. However it would be good to find out peoples opinions to see what options are out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

The Clarendon on Clarendon street is good for finger food..

Also Doheny and Nesbitt on Baggot street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Against the Grain on Wexford st do great finger food.. Needs to be prearranged as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Give a few places a call, if you mention it's for a company they might throw in the finger food in for free in the hope of getting future bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yamamori Izakaya on George's St -- five decent-sized tapas for €30, and all gorgeous. Nice place to relax for a few hours over some beer or sake.

Bull & Castle is a bit louder, but will normally throw in finger food if you book for a party.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

novarock wrote: »
    Against the Grain on Wexford st do great finger food.. Needs to be prearranged as far as I am aware.

+1 Was at a party their a few months ago and the nibbles were really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

BRANNIGANS Catherderal St upstairs lounge about €3 a head for finger food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks guys. A friend mentioned yesterday evening - Ely across from the Grand Canal Theatre. Has anybody being? €15 per person sounds expensive but is the food worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

novarock wrote: »

+1 for Against the Grain, I had a party upstairs just before Christmas, really nice finger food, not just the usual sausages; they did falafel, calamari etc but I think they'll cater for whatever type of food you would like.

It's also free to reserve the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Porterhouse on Nassau St has the best finger food ever! And it's free for groups :)
    Loads of it and very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Try Bia Bar, might be a bit out of your way/ not everyones cup of tea but. Was at a thing in there over Christmas and the finger-food was amazing; not a chicken goujon to be seen. Koftes, Bhajis, miniature cheese burgers.... NOMNOMNOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Galadriel wrote: »
    +1 for Against the Grain, I had a party upstairs just before Christmas, really nice finger food, not just the usual sausages; they did falafel, calamari etc but I think they'll cater for whatever type of food you would like.

It's also free to reserve the room.

I love ATG, but the only downside to the room upstairs is there is no bar up there, you have to constantly keep going downstairs.

I had my stag drinks there, and this was commented on by a few people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

MacTurcails do great platters..loads on them and cheap too.

Advertisement