Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for Dublin Parking Tag Users.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

cgarrad wrote: »

If their systems go down you are liable for the clamp release fee.

They do not work on Sunday even though you have to pay on a Sunday.

They charge the full Yellow Zone rate (€2.90) for the Sunday White Zone which should be €1.40.

Rates:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/ROADSANDTRAFFIC/PARKING/Pages/PayandDisplay.aspx

Map:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/Documents/rt2851_07b_Parking_Zones_and_Tariffs[1].pdf
    1.75mb

You sure about these points? Doesn't seem right

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1. If their systems go down you are liable for the clamp release fee.
    If their system isn't working, you still need to pay somehow. That is why there are machines on the street.
    3. They charge the full Yellow Zone rate (€2.90) for the Sunday White Zone which should be €1.40.
    If this is so, complain to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

MarkMc wrote: »
    You sure about these points? Doesn't seem right

Just been on the phone to them.

The guy said it was my responsibility that the car was paid for if their systems went down.

They don't work Sunday.

My online account shows the higher rate of charge for Sunday.

Victor wrote: »
    If their system isn't working, you still need to pay somehow. That is why there are machines on the street.

But I pay a monthly fee for their service?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But I pay a monthly fee for their service?

That is between you and the service provider, not the city council.

Take some personal responsibility.

• Advertisement

The guy said it was my responsibility that the car was paid for if their systems went down.

They don't work Sunday.

I took your point as; You paid already, their systems then went down and you were then clamped?

Reading again, do you mean that if you were unable to pay then you would be liable to be clamped. I don't have a problem with that one personally

They don't work Sunday.

Well they obviously do work Sunday, you just said you were charged the higher rate for sunday. Charging the higher rate is a different story though

Everybody is getting the wrong end of the stick here.

Parking Tag is not owned by the council. They are a separate company.

Parking Tag charge me so I can pay for parking by text instead of coins.

If I text them and their systems are down I can get clamped as no payment has been received in Dublin City Councils system.

If you think it's my responsibility your wrong, I pay them a fee to provide a service.

Well they obviously do work Sunday, you just said you were charged the higher rate for sunday. Charging the higher rate is a different story though

The clamping service work Sunday, Parking Tag don't.

They are different companies.

The clamping service work Sunday, Parking Tag don't.

They are different companies.

You said you were charged on your parking tag account for a Sunday

• Advertisement

I was, their automated systems still work but if they fail as they did there is no manned phoneline.

I was, their automated systems still work but if they fail as they did there is no manned phoneline.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Because thats not how it comes across in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If I text them and their systems are down I can get clamped as no payment has been received in Dublin City Councils system.

If you think it's my responsibility your wrong, I pay them a fee to provide a service.

Do you usually get a confirmation notice saying that payment was received after you send the text? If so and you didn't get the confirmation, shouldn't that have been an indicator that their system was down and you'd have to use the on-street payment method?

Cianos wrote: »
    Do you usually get a confirmation notice saying that payment was received after you send the text? If so and you didn't get the confirmation, shouldn't that have been an indicator that their system was down and you'd have to use the on-street payment method?

You do but it can take up to 5 mins to receive when the system is working.

Expecting people to wait around for the reply is not reasonable.

The system should be monitored and manned when parking charges are being enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Because thats not how it comes across in the OP

I thought it was very clear tbh. (just for some balanced viewpoint)

listermint wrote: »

I thought it was very clear tbh. (just for some balanced viewpoint)

It was point 2 that confused me, "They do not work on Sundays, despite the fact you have to pay on Sundays". I read that as the parking tag doesn't work at all on Sundays

It was point 2 that confused me, "They do not work on Sundays, despite the fact you have to pay on Sundays". I read that as the parking tag doesn't work at all on Sundays

Sorry, its the 3 separate companies involved that adds to the confusion:

Clampers, Council and ParkingTag.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Scruffy John

Just signed up and am annoyed to see that they charge a monthly fee and a cancellation fee, you have to dig deep to find this info before you sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Just signed up and am annoyed to see that they charge a monthly fee and a cancellation fee, you have to dig deep to find this info before you sign up.

Where does it say there is a fee? what is it? I never Knew there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It's quite clear on the about page

https://www.parkingtag.ie/about.html

Charges:
    Monthly Fee: €0.50 per vehicle
    SMS reminder: €0.20 – motorists using the SMS service will automatically receive a reminder message. Phone and Mobile App users can select to receive as required.
    Cancellation Fee: €5.00 + VAT
    Please ensure that you ALWAYS receive a confirmation when paying for parking. If you do not receive this your parking may not be valid. Please call 01 244 9999 to confirm valid parking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement