Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for Franchise

Options
  • 14-01-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm on Job Seekers Allowance (stamps) but I want to buy a particular franchise costing €60,000. Going to my bank/credit union is not an option.

Anyone know what funding options are available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Usually they will want to see that you didn't borrow to buy in to the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Beckala

Usually they will want to see that you didn't borrow to buy in to the franchise.
    I understand that but in fairness, who has €60,000 "resting in their accounts" these days! I can't be the exception to the rule, therefore I'd presume there'd be some sort of funding availability or at least options available given the demand and state of the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You would generally by expected to have access to at least 50% of the franchise cost.

I would guess most franchisees have done this via:

Savings
    Family loans
    Redundancy payments
    Loans (probably secured on a property).

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Have you got any money in savings at the minute?

Some franchises once they see that you have a certain amount will help and work with you to secure the remaining money. There are a lot of franchises that have secured deals / aggrements with banks to help ew franchises secure finance.

Have a chat with the franchise and see what support / finance they can help you out with.

Is there any family / friends who could loan you some money to go towards the franchisee fee?

Advertisement