Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image editor, album and batch printing

Options
  • 14-01-2013 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

What Freeware program would anyone recommend for basic image editing (especially cropping and free rotating), image album and batch printing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The one I use is XNView. http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview.html

I don't do much editing in it though. Just really basic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Thanks for that, BostonB.

At the moment the way I do it is:

Open a page of the 1911 census (PDF file) which I view on-line in PDF Xchange Viewer. From this, I export the page as an jpeg image.

Then, using PhotoFiltre, I can crop, free rotate (usually between 0.5 and 1.0 degrees), resize, add a note, and transform to black and white.

I have found several programs which will batch print files and folders which should do that job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres probably a ton of apps that can do this. It comes down to personal preference which you like working with and/or which suits your working process.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

BostonB wrote: »
    Theres probably a ton of apps that can do this. It comes down to personal preference which you like working with and/or which suits your working process.

Indeed, the OP is spoiled for choice. If I were to recommend one I would suggest Irfanview.

On the command line side there is ImageMagick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement