Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Weather May/June

Options
  • 14-01-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm heading to Orlando on the 28th of May and coming back on the 11th of June. Does anyone know what the weather around this time is like?

Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Very hot and muggy. Not quite as bad as it is in July/August, but very hot none the less. Expect thunderstorms to occur in the mid afternoon. They don't last long, and they clears the air wonderfully for a few hours. Hurricane season doesn't start for another couple of months, so you won't have anything to worry about on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Temperatures will be in the mid to high 80's / low 90's during the day dropping to low to mid 70's in the evening / night, June is the wettest month with 7.5 inch's of rain usually in the form of afternoon or evening thunderstorms that don't last to long and gets rid of the humidity for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

thanks guys, really appreciate it! Do you think that over the course of the 2 weeks we'll get plenty of time to do all the parks without being disturbed by the storms? I know its a hard to predict question but its worth a shot.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The odds of you going 2 weeks in Florida in the summer time, and encountering no thunder storms are few and far between. However, this is Florida rain. It is not Irish rain. Big, big diff ! In Florida, it will not bucket down all day long the way that in can here, in ways that can totally ruin your day. You'll be fine.

The thunder storms in Florida pop up very quickly, and are gone just as quickly. (Weather forecasters in that part of the world frequently to them as pop corn thunder storms for that very reason.) The sky will be bright blue, then it will suddenly get cloudy, then you'll hear lots of thunder, see some lightening, then it will start to rain cats and dogs on a biblical level, then it will be back to bright blue skies, all this in under an hour.

Don't let your Irish paranoia about rain colour your opinion of what it will be like in Florida. The rain won't stop you having fun, or fully enjoying the theme parks. If the skies do start to cloud up, go sit down somewhere and have a beer/cup of cofffee. It will be all done and dusted by the time that you are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The odds of you going 2 weeks in Florida in the summer time, and encountering no thunder storms are few and far between. However, this is Florida rain. It is not Irish rain. Big, big diff ! In Florida, it will not bucket down all day long the way that in can here, in ways that can totally ruin your day. You'll be fine.

The thunder storms in Florida pop up very quickly, and are gone just as quickly. (Weather forecasters in that part of the world frequently to them as pop corn thunder storms for that very reason.) The sky will be bright blue, then it will suddenly get cloudy, then you'll hear lots of thunder, see some lightening, then it will start to rain cats and dogs on a biblical level, then it will be back to bright blue skies, all this in under an hour.

Don't let your Irish paranoia about rain colour your opinion of what it will be like in Florida. The rain won't stop you having fun, or fully enjoying the theme parks. If the skies do start to cloud up, go sit down somewhere and have a beer/cup of cofffee. It will be all done and dusted by the time that you are finished.
    Great stuff, thanks very much for that.

You're definitely right about the Irish paranoia, when I think rain I just think of it being hours on end and miserable but you've changed my view on it. So thank you for that insight, I appreciate it a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Great stuff, thanks very much for that.

You're definitely right about the Irish paranoia, when I think rain I just think of it being hours on end and miserable but you've changed my view on it.

reminds me of the first time i was driving from Atlanta to the Gulf in Florida, the sky was so blue it was amazing,warm & sunny I'm thinking to myself, this is bleedin deadly i could get used to this big time, anyway 20 mins later you would think you were in the mother of all storms, the clouds came out of nowhere and they were as black as that student chap from the song, and they were fecking humongous i thought the world was coming to an end the rain was the most intense i had ever encountered and the sky was really scarey for a while and the thunder was so loud... it felt like it was on the ground as opposed to coming from the sky, i nearly shat meself, then 30 minutes after that, the blue skies were back the ground was dry :eek: a real eye opener. quite exhilarating really (afterwards ) so advice is don't panic if that happens,sure it's only a shower!!

Advertisement