Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales in (Bad) customer service- Limerick

Options
  • 14-01-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I feel as Irish people we don’t like to complain but bad service is something that really annoys me…….

I have recently experienced a number of cases of poor customer service in limerick and through lunchtime ranting with work colleagues I have discovered I am not alone. In this regard, I thought it would be interesting to set up a thread where people could share their tales.

My first tale is from Brown Thomas, a place where I thought the service would be exemplarily, but however my expectation were far from met. First stop was the jeans section, and some of you ladies will know how hard it is to find the perfect jean. Not familiar with the sizing I found it next to impossible to get the attention of the staff. There was no one on the dressing room door and all those trying on were left to our devices. One lady, who had a small child, was so frustrated with the out and in to pick up different sizes she gave up and walked out of the shop.

Next up was Men’s wear where, while browsing for sizes with my partner, the sales assistants were talking to each other across the shop about their night out last weekend and how drunk they were that they went back to a house party with some girl……….very unprofessional! This section was much quieter than the jeans section but the sales assistants seemed very disinterested in assisting browsing customers. We ended up not buying anything.........

Be good to hear if anyone has had similar experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Make a complaint to management if you're not happy, don't post anonymously about it online

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

I did, will let you know what I hear back

I seen a similar thread to this is another forum and I thought it was a good idea. I feel that Irish people as a society we are too accepting of poor standards in customer service in our shops. We don’t have the same complaining genes as some of European cousins. If I experienced bad service why should I not share? There is a thread on restaurants where people share their thoughts on here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: This thread is now closed.

There is an actual sub forum on Boards dedicated to consumer issues where details, within reason, may be given, and general advice sought. The Limerick forum is not an appropriate forum for this.

The consumer issues forum can be found here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement