Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a car for scrap/parts in Limerick area?

• 14-01-2013 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know people giving good prices for old cars for scrap/parts?

I have a car I want to offload in the next week or so. Hegarty's is the first place that springs to mind but is there any others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are plenty of guys advertising in the likes of donedeal and the Post. Some are above board, others not so. Make sure and get a proper Certificate of Destruction from them otherwise the car will still be registered to you and the reg will be traced back to you if used for toll dodging, fuel station drive offs, etc. I think the going rate is about €150 a ton from a scrap yard.

Try united metals too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Hegarthy out the Tipp rd, they give about €180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

liammur wrote: »
    Hegarthy out the Tipp rd, they give about €180
    Must have been a tank you dropped off to them, or they robbed me! Twice :o !
    I reckon there's better value out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

langdang wrote: »
    Must have been a tank you dropped off to them, or they robbed me! Twice :o !
    I reckon there's better value out there.

Better clear it up so before you are in giving out!, I heard off someone that's what they give. I've never been near them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do Bobby Sweeny's give anything for them?

Advertisement