Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for name of connector

Options
  • 14-01-2013 4:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have this connection on a video card. I need to know what it is called so that I can buy a replacement cable to connect to the monitor, the original being stolen by a student.
    It's not a DVI as there are no 'bars' or gaps.

picture.php?albumid=309&pictureid=14403

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

Looking at wikipedia would it be a DMS-59?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks so much - that's it.

It's a big help when you know what you're looking to find.

I bet the little wretch who nicked it threw it in a hedge somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Those stupid things are on a lot of Dell computers. They are basically 2 DVI ports melded into one, it's probably cheaper to make these and not care about your customers hunting replacements. Then again, who would steal that? Did someone steal a computer from the college earlier? That might be the same culprit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, no computers missing - it will be just mindless vandalism.
    I (almost) wouldn't feel so bad about it if I thought someone was using the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

probably a pleb thinking it was going to give them a splitter for their PC. with any luck they will try to shove it into a DVI port and **** their pins up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement