Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail shoes with support

Options
  • 14-01-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

i'm feeling like i need some new shoes to cheer me up(still injured):(
    cant justify another pair of road shoes but as i've signed up for the wild west run, i'm going to need a pair of trail shoes suitable for it.

i have a pair of inov-08 x talon which are perfect for boggy mountain runs however, they offer very little support & i overpronate.
    started the hill running scene last year & the inov talons were a bit over kill for conditions.

so i'm looking for a trail shoe that would be perfect for firepacked forest roads, and the odd slippy patch,
    if anyone can offer a suggestion, much obliged.

was looking at the saloman speedcross but they look a bit on the clunky/heavy side.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

What road shoes do you have?
    A lot of the road shoe manufacturers have a trail equivalent, or at least something with better grip.
    Inov-8 as a policy don't do structure or support, their shoes are aimed at getting you to a more natural forefoot strike which negates any need for the usual support structures.

I have an old pair of SpeedCross, resigned to mowing the lawn now. They were fine at the time, but I moved to Inov8 shoes & now they're just not the right shoe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

hi spurscormac, mainly mizuno but went through the asics phase earlier.
    i'll have a look at the mizuno off road tmmrw, no time now, but thats a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Mizuno asscend would be a good choice if you like Mizuno.
    Brooks do the ASR which is an adrenaline with the grip.
    Asics have the fuji/trabuco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

thirstywork2, thanks for that, ended up going with the speedcross 3, they seem to be getting great reviews so we'll see.

Advertisement