Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread knottage in Atheism+Agnosticism

Options
  • 14-01-2013 4:40pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Around midnight last night, I moved a few posts from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055853778

to this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056529166

However, the move didn't work and now, while posts are gone from the source thread (though its post count hasn't decreased) people can't see the posts in the target thread (which has the correct page count, but you can't advance past where it was last night). Clicking 'post reply' on the target thread shows up the moved posts correctly.

Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Sunday night between midnight and 1am is the worst time to be moving posts from massive threads like that :o

I'm not going to lie, it's quite a mess but I'm commencing cleanup :)

Danny

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Much obliged -- things seem to be working a bit better now :)

Are there any other times that should be avoided?

Or is it worth implementing a lockout while things are up in the air?

It hasn't happened in the 15 months since I started so I don't know if implementing a lock down would be a sledgehammer vs nail scenario but we'll keep an eye on it in the future. The site does a lot of background stuff between midnight and 1am every day but Sunday is the worst for it. It was a combination of that and the fact the source thread was massive which caused the problems

Danny

Marking as resolved, some background cleanup left to perform tomorrow but we're good for now

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement