If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-ceiling speakers & outside/bathroom speakers

Options
  • 14-01-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks!

I am looking into putting some more music around the house and wondering if you have any in-ceiling speakers, as well as water-resistant speakers (for bathroom or outside BBQ area). Couldn't find anything obviouse on the website.
    Given I got those brilliant MA Silver RX speakers from you some time ago, I am naturally looking at Monitor Audio again, eg the MA Climate series and MA CI Series - or anything similar (or cheaper).
    At the moment I am in planning stage so indicative prices or alternatives are very much appreciated.
    If you have an simple amps to power them I'd like to hear as well.
    Appreciate any help!

Ta

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks!

I am looking into putting some more music around the house and wondering if you have any in-ceiling speakers, as well as water-resistant speakers (for bathroom or outside BBQ area). Couldn't find anything obviouse on the website.
    Given I got those brilliant MA Silver RX speakers from you some time ago, I am naturally looking at Monitor Audio again, eg the MA Climate series and MA CI Series - or anything similar (or cheaper).
    At the moment I am in planning stage so indicative prices or alternatives are very much appreciated.
    Appreciate any help!

Ta
    Hi New,

Thanks for getting in touch.  

You've come to the right place :)  We stock stock Monitor Audio outdoor and also their CI series.  

For the BBQ area is it just going to be background noise?  If so I'd suggest the Climate 50s currently priced at £199.95 per pair.  Serious enough speaker for the money, perfect for background noise and also at 80W they're pretty powerful :)  

For indoors check out the new trimless CT165s currently priced at £99.95 each.  These are great sounding and now they've made them trimless look stunning.  Very impressive speaker, sound quality would put some bookshelves to shame.  

If you're maybe looking something abit smaller check out the CWT140s.  Not as powerful as the CT165s but still sound great for the size.  They're also £99.95 each:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/cwt/cwt-140/#/overview

For the bathroom you're looking at the CT180s.  I'll need to confirm pricing on these for you.  180s are more powerful than the 165s and also splash and humidity proof for bathroom use.   

How many speakers are you planning to run in total?  We stock a very nice Teac amp that can run 2 pairs of speakers.  Current price on this is £139.93.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/ag-790-83849.html

Hope this info has helped :)

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

'I am looking into putting some more music around the house and wondering if you have any in-ceiling speakers, as well as water-resistant speakers (for bathroom or outside BBQ area). Couldn't find anything obviouse on the website.
    Given I got those brilliant MA Silver RX speakers from you some time ago, I am naturally looking at Monitor Audio again, eg the
    MA Climate series and MA CI Series - or anything similar (or cheaper).
    Appreciate any help!'

NewIrish,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and thanks for the opportunity to quote!

For your outdoor speakers you have hit the nail straight on the head - the Climate series just sound A M A Z I N G!!!!! and they go so damn loud it's unbelievable - they put lots of so called Audiophile bookshelf speakers to shame and they are of course completely waterproof, include excellent brackets and are pretty reasonably priced!

There are a few in the range and we normally have them all available from stock:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/climate/

The Climate 50 is the starting point and to be honest if excellent for every application unless you are very demanding! - they retail at £199.95 / €249.99 a pair - we also have the Climate 60 available from stock at £269.95/pair and if you have a look at the spec of these it will give you a hint of how good they sound - our pricing on the Climate series is also way below most UK suppliers!

On the in-celiing side Monitor Audio have introduced a brilliant 'trimless' range - the range kicks off with the SCWT140: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/cwt/cwt-140/ at £99.95 each and they have a really clever magnetic grille that allows you to choose either a square or round grille option - they are really worth a look (we also have the SCWT160 at just £129.95 and they sound amazing)

If you are buying a few of these I'll happily do you a price and we can haggle on the delivery!

On the amp - the simplest amplifier we do is the Monitor Audio Topaz AM1 at just £79.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am1/camb-topaz-am1-blk

However we also have the AV Receiver from Teac at a Boardie price of £129.95!!!!!!!!!!!! the AGD200 really is a lot of amp for a 3D ready 7.1 amp at under £130!

Apologies for the opportunity to quote and again apologies for the delay - give us a shout when you have had a browse and we will do our best to get a deal together for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Thanks Guys for the comprehensive info, and the as always tempting prices. I'll have a look and a think and get back to you!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Guys for the comprehensive info, and the as always tempting prices. I'll have a look and a think and get back to you!
    No need for thanks - that's what we are here for!!

Thanks as ever
    John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.