Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card - got accepted? - credit limit?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, applied Tesco Credit card online, sent the paperwork required. Got a letter today back saying that your new Tesco Credit card is only a signature away..
    I assume that i got accepted.

Was requested to sign and send the credit agreement to them asap to get my card.

Within there was Standard european consumer credit information, that says Credit limit is XXXX.XX euros, and under it is written The above figure is represetantive figure and may not be your actual credit limit.

Further in the contract it says (under credit card agreement)
    Amount of credit limit: Credit limit is notified to you from time to time.

What is my credit limit? Will i know it first when i receive my card?

Edit: Called them. it wasnt the XXXX.XX that was in the letter, but im more than happy for the credit limit they gave me :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Lucky you !

I applied and got letter dated 22/12 and exactly same letter dated 23/12. Both had different reference number.

So I posted one with documents and waited until today. 2 weeks ago I got my copy of passport back so I assumed they got all documents and waited. Today I rang and I was told they are waiting for my documents and even posted letter on 20/1. I got no letter.

So I posted documents again with the letter I still had home and have to wait again. I think all people that said it's a nightmare to deal with Tesco visa card were/are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

198321 wrote: »
    Lucky you !

I applied and got letter dated 22/12 and exactly same letter dated 23/12. Both had different reference number.

So I posted one with documents and waited until today. 2 weeks ago I got my copy of passport back so I assumed they got all documents and waited. Today I rang and I was told they are waiting for my documents and even posted letter on 20/1. I got no letter.

So I posted documents again with the letter I still had home and have to wait again. I think all people that said it's a nightmare to deal with Tesco visa card were/are right.

My process went quite smoothly, took about a week to receive the PIN and card after i had sent in the signed credit agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

now you will discover how hard it is to to track your spending on a tesco credit card. get ready to have to make a phonecall every time you want a balance or to see if items have gone through.
    you cant keep an eye on it online.
    for two years they keep saying onlinw statements will be here soon

yeah, im aware of that, thats why i have a small app in my phone where i enter the purchases, its not like im using it for everyday purchases...

finnteme wrote: »
    yeah, im aware of that, thats why i have a small app in my phone where i enter the purchases, its not like im using it for everyday purchases...

whats the app called? would be handy for me too ..

• Advertisement

198321 wrote: »
    whats the app called? would be handy for me too ..

I use it on my Windows phone, and its called ToshI Finance.
    Its complete budgeting program where you can track your incomes and expenses.

well I still haven't got mine,

applied online on 19/12/2012 and it's soon going to be 2 months.

Rang them today to see and they said they are still waiting for documents. I posted them on 1/2/2013 second time. Maybe they want me to bring them to UK ..

Will ring them again and cancel my application, it's not worth the few clubcard points, with normal bank I would have card 5 weeks ago...

Not only they lost credit card customer, i won't even bother to go do my shopping in Tesco (with credit card it would be worth it to shop there).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kash123

Hi, applied Tesco Credit card online, sent the paperwork required. Got a letter today back saying that your new Tesco Credit card is only a signature away..
    I assume that i got accepted.

Was requested to sign and send the credit agreement to them asap to get my card.

Within there was Standard european consumer credit information, that says Credit limit is XXXX.XX euros, and under it is written The above figure is represetantive figure and may not be your actual credit limit.

Further in the contract it says (under credit card agreement)
    Amount of credit limit: Credit limit is notified to you from time to time.

What is my credit limit? Will i know it first when i receive my card?

Edit: Called them. it wasnt the XXXX.XX that was in the letter, but im more than happy for the credit limit they gave me :)

WHT CREDIT LIMIT YOU GOT? AS I GOT APPROVED AS WELL AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LIMIT,,,THANKS

kash123 wrote: »
    WHT CREDIT LIMIT YOU GOT? AS I GOT APPROVED AS WELL AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LIMIT,,,THANKS

Call them and give the ref.nr that was written in the approval letter. They will give you the credit limit information on the phone after they have verified your identity on the phone.

Call them and give the ref.nr that was written in the approval letter. They will give you the credit limit information on the phone after they have verified your identity on the phone.

THANKS FOR UR KIND REPLY,, I WILL CALL THEM TOMMOROW,,CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS THE USUAL LIMIT THEY OFFER?
    THANKS AGAIN

• Advertisement

kash123 wrote: »
    THANKS FOR UR KIND REPLY,, I WILL CALL THEM TOMMOROW,,CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS THE USUAL LIMIT THEY OFFER?
    THANKS AGAIN

as it depends from your application, your credit limit can start from 250 eur (stated on their webpage) so im unable to give you an answer

as it depends from your application, your credit limit can start from 250 eur (stated on their webpage) so im unable to give you an answer

I THINK 250 WOULD BE JUST WASTE OF TIME, I WILL DEFINATELY CALL THEM TOMMOROW TO FIND OUT,IF ITS 250 I PREFER CANCEL THE APPLICATION FROM NOW,
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Welcome to the site kash123. Please don't type in all caps though, it's considered SHOUTING! (and is hard to read too!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

As others have pointed out there are a number, quite a number of pitfalls to having a Tesco credit card.

1. No online account service in Ireland, however it is available in the UK. You therefore need to ring each time to find out what transactions have or have not gone through.

2. The payment date is fixed. I understodd I could move it in two stages, even arranged it and on the day I rang to shift it forward one week I was told that feature was not available.

3. Once you get a credit limit, then regardless if you close another account to move to Tesco, your credit limit cannot be reviewed for one whole year!

4. Even better, I put my partner on the card and cannot get the limit upgraded (for one whole year)

5. Still trying to get the stamp duty sorted out since the old account was closed.

Very annoying service overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

No problem getting this card, 2 weeks total
    - Applied on-line
    - Letter requesting proof of address (original utility bill), sent this and got
    - Letter of credit agreement to sign, sent this and got
    - Cards

Re the credit limit - current credit limit was not asked on application, received 1.5k on the Tesco credit agreement, called before sending it back and it was increased to previous card's limit after they asked why an increase would be needed (just said flights, holidays.......). 2 minute call. No issue setting personally preferred payment dates. DD offered. Apart from not being able to view transactions on-line, happy.

I didn't cancel it and FINALLY got it today - I applied on I think 22nd December 2012. I was afraid I will get minimum credit limit as Ulster and AIB refused my application - even tho I do have income for last 5 years, savings, but no credit history ...

So today it arrived and I got 2000, I would be happy even with 1000, and at least I can start building some credit history for future.

I think details from my clubcard helped as I spend a lot in Tesco and they were able to see that ..

(I used 5 different pens to sign the back but non of them work :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I applied for a Tesco credit card about 2 weeks ago. Sent off the form I got in the supermarket. Two weeks later got a letter saying I had been approved and the card was on the way. Card arrived following day, followed by the pin today.

People seem to have very different experiences with them from reading this thread.

Advertisement