Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a mortgage while working in construction..?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 5:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi there,

As a structural engineer my job is directly related to construction. We're hoping to apply for a mortgage shortly and my job is as secure as it can be at the moment. However, as the construction sector has taken such a hit in recent times, I'm wondering if the bank/mortgage broker will laugh me out of the building when I tell them that I have a construction related job..

Has anyone had any experiences recently?

(Obviously I know the only way is to go in and talk to them, and I will be doing so over the coming weeks. Just trying to get a feel for it now.)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

If your employer is reasonably well-known and the lender can therefore do a bit of background checking to verify that the company is not on its knees, you should be okay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Thanks Liam.

Advertisement