Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop off in voltage from ego-t batteries.

• 14-01-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Short version at the bottom.

Trying to quit fags, I'm back vaping. I have a new golden rule that I'm throwing out my T2 heads when they are done and not cleaning them. The logic behind this is that it's only €2 a week and I'll always have a good vape. Cleaning them can be a nuisance and you lose performance gradually anyway.

Today, I had a four day old coil start to give crap vapour, although I normally get over a week from them, I assumed it was the coil and took it out. It looked like it had plenty of life in it, so I put it to one side and changed the coil. Same issue. Tried a different T2, same issue. Thinking this was just my imagination, I powered on and vaped for about another twenty minutes when the light flashed to let me know the battery needed to be charged.

Short version.

Do the EGO-T batteries lost output voltage as they come to the end of their charge? Is this not supposed to be regulated and then it shuts off when it can't supply enough voltage?

Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Do the EGO-T batteries lost output voltage as they come to the end of their charge? Is this not supposed to be regulated and then it shuts off when it can't supply enough voltage?

Ego Batteries are not regulated, the voltage keeps dropping from first to last puff Starting around 4.1volts . When they drop below a certain voltage around the 3.3v mark they wont fire anymore and will flash.

If you want a more constant vape you'll need a regulated Mod e.g. Ego-twist/Evic/lavatube/provari etc ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

was.deevey wrote: »
    Ego Batteries are not regulated, the voltage keeps dropping from first to last puff Starting around 4.1volts . When they drop below a certain voltage around the 3.3v mark they wont fire anymore and will flash.

If you want a more constant vape you'll need a regulated Mod e.g. Ego-twist/Evic/lavatube/provari etc ....

This is news to me and it explains so much. If I had realised this at the end of last year, I might not have gone on the fags. It might ruin the batteries, but I'm just going to switch them as often as I can.

I'd love one of those evics :)

Actually hold on a second, what you're saying doesn't match what is on the e-smoke ireland page:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egocbatt.htm

According to it, I should be getting a constant 3.3v

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some ego batteries are regulated, some aren't

the problem is there's about five thousand different makers of ego batteries and they all look exactly the same. the ego upgrade batteries can switch between regulated and unregulated mode and as was.deevey said the twists are regulated.

I just posted about a second before you :p

• Advertisement

Just in case someone comes across this in future. The issue wasn't the batteries at all, but actually the odd location of the air holes in the T2, see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855542

I have a habit of tightening the ecig while it's in my hand and this was letting less and less air through as the day went on. Then I'd change battery (so now it'd be loose again) and I'd have a great vape.

Advertisement