Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man U home 20th January

Options
  • 02-12-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am trying to get hold of a pair of tickets for this match...it will be my first time at the lane.

Anyone have any advice on how to go about it?

As a non-member, I will have to wait til thursday before tickets are available on general sale.

Is it likely they will all be gone by then?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Gonna be difficult mate. I would imagine it will be sold out by Thursday but you could always try.

thats unless anyone here has spare memberships and can help out. Mine are being used I am afraid.
    there is always a chance that you will get some on the ticket exchange closer to game but 2 together might be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gianangelo

Thanks for that...yeah, I imagined as much. It's going to be a gift from my gf, but I said I'd look into it.

I don't have high hopes of getting tickets, but sure God loves a tryer.

If there is anyone out there who can help me, it would be much appreciated!

I'll make it worth your while!

Thanks again, Mullo76,

Gianangelo

there are still a fair few left but obv long way until Next Thursday. I would suggest you set your self up an account on ticket site just in case. I will keep an eye for you. Link to ticket site from the main spurs site.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

I was thinking of getting a proper account (Lillywhite etc.). But, as a broke student,I won't get to go over for the rest of the year, so t's not worth it!

I really see the benefit of having one now.

It's good that there is still a few tickets left...I just need two!

I really appreciate all your help...I've been on to relatives in London (Hammers fans!!!- God forgive me) to see if they know anyone.

All I can do is hope, and if anyone can do anything for me, I'll make it up to you, I promise!

Thanks again,

Gianangelo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

my advice would be to pick a lower profile game

a lot less ticket stress involved

• Advertisement

my advice would be to pick a lower profile game

a lot less ticket stress involved

Ah yeah, I know. It's just that weekend happens to coincide with my gfs birthday, so we were gonna make a weekend of it.

Don't worry, I don't have my hopes up, but it's worth a go.

Newcastle are visiting the Lane a few weeks after, so that's my back up plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Mullo76 wrote: »
    there are still a fair few left but obv long way until Next Thursday. I would suggest you set your self up an account on ticket site just in case. I will keep an eye for you. Link to ticket site from the main spurs site.

Slightly o/t but tickets are becoming easier to get. There a time a few seasons back when Man u etc would be completely sold out an hour after they went onsale. Sign of the times I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Evening lads, was thinking about bringing the nephew (poor unfortunate United fan) to this one as an xmas present.

Would it be a waste of time for him? I remember sitting very uncomfortably in the Stretford End. I could always tie his hands to his hips or just leave at half time when we're 2-0 up?

Evening lads, was thinking about bringing the nephew (poor unfortunate United fan) to this one as an xmas present.

Would it be a waste of time for him? I remember sitting very uncomfortably in the Stretford End. I could always tie his hands to his hips or just leave at half time when we're 2-0 up?

I'd have no interest in watching Spurs from a seat in the opposition end. Each to their own but hard to see how your nephew could enjoy it?

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Slightly o/t but tickets are becoming easier to get. There a time a few seasons back when Man u etc would be completely sold out an hour after they went onsale. Sign of the times I suppose.

To your point still looks like a few hundred tickets left.

Gianangelo - did you set up a ticket account? Still tickets there. good lot together in certain sections. Would get on at 9.15 tomorrow to be ready to buy at 9.30 when they go on general sale and you might be in luck.

• Advertisement

That's great news! Hopefully I'll be able to nab a pair of tickets then!

As this is my first time at WHL, I was wondering does anyone have any advice on where to try to get seats?

Are there any areas of the stadium that should be avoided? I also want to be in the thick of the atmosphere though!

Anyone have any good/bad experiences regarding seating?

Gianangelo wrote: »
    That's great news! Hopefully I'll be able to nab a pair of tickets then!

As this is my first time at WHL, I was wondering does anyone have any advice on where to try to get seats?

Are there any areas of the stadium that should be avoided? I also want to be in the thick of the atmosphere though!

Anyone have any good/bad experiences regarding seating?

South and east (down towards south) best for atmosphere IMO. Good view from almost everywhere in ground. West stand is quiet as can be Paxton.
    I prefer south upr for the view as in lower you will be standing. Extra seats available in south upr 45/46/47 which are normally away fans as we dont give utd upr deck. Also good few in corner of east upr. you are obv limited as to what is left.

Still waiting in the Queue!

After a very stressful 30mins, managed to get two tickets to this match.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

However, the tickets are not in the same section (but adjacent sections)...I wonder is there a swap-shop of some description where I could swap my ticket for one in another section?

Referee for the game is Chris Foy who did the 3-2 game at OT earlier this season.

Fingers crossed that Sandro is fit and that BAE starts in place of Naughton. Need a natural left footer on that side and also Benny links up well with Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that Sandro is fit and that BAE starts in place of Naughton. Need a natural left footer on that side and also Benny links up well with Bale.

I must say I'm Sandro's number one fan, though Parker filled me with great confidence when he came on for Sandro against QPR.

I think we need a big game from Dempsey. Defoe will be up top on his own so we need a bit of creativity from Dempsey in support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm beginning to wonder, is Naughton going to keep BAE out of the team for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder, is Naughton going to keep BAE out of the team for a while?

No.

tippspur wrote: »

Don't think so, he started v Coventry because we were at home to weak opposition. Probably didn't wanna start him against QPR due to match fitness and then couldn't give him a run out as we had to use all our subs.

On form, Naughton could keep Walker out when BAE returns to full fitness..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As much as I'd love to do the double over them I'd happily take a point now and hope Arsenal loose again. I think our next 4 games Will make or break the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What about playing parker and sandro with dembele pushed on one, just a suggestion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    What about playing parker and sandro with dembele pushed on one, just a suggestion :D

Who are you suggesting it to ???
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not very keen on this one tbh. When I think back to the way we played in the 2nd half of the game at OT I still shudder.

Having said that, I take the same performance if we got the same result!!!

Hatch99 wrote: »

Spot on but unlikely AVB reads this forum:rolleyes: Could Dembele be more effective higher up the pitch? His dribbles aren't as effective from deep, I reckon he could really hurt teams if he was receiving the ball in the middle of the three forwards (incl. two wingers)...

At lot of people might see this as a negative formation but I think it would be interesting to see, Parker played some very good passes against QPR but he needs to cut out those mazey runs to nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Spot on but unlikely AVB reads this forum:rolleyes: Could Dembele be more effective higher up the pitch? His dribbles aren't as effective from deep, I reckon he could really hurt teams if he was receiving the ball in the middle of the three forwards (incl. two wingers)...

At lot of people might see this as a negative formation but I think it would be interesting to see, Parker played some very good passes against QPR but he needs to cut out those mazey runs to nowhere!

Would like to see Dembele pushed higher up the pitch but cannot see AVB trying it against Man Utd. He glides past defenders with ease and has a good shot. Dempsey will partner/play off Defoe if Sandro is fit enough to play with Dembele.
    The only other change i can see is BAE may return at LB and Naughton may be dropped.

Or if Sneijder signs this week then he goes straight into the team!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Big game, and although the result in their place was brilliant, I still have this game down as a no-pointer. They're playing really well and RVP cannot miss, so I think we'll definitely concede at least a goal. We then have problems up front as Defoe hasn't been scoring of late and Ade is gone (no loss on current form), meaning it'll be Dempsey up front who, although he has improved considerably of late, still doesn't offer enough of a goal threat. His 2 previous goals were both speculative shots which got massive deflections. That leaves it all on the shoulders of the wingers and this is where I think we have a chance, as Utd will come to play rather than defend.

If Bale and Lennon can get space and run at their defence, we might scare them. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the January Transfer Gossip thread, although we'll definitely get chances to score, we don't have an RVP or someone of his ilk who will put away 70 - 80% of his chances and for this reason I feel we will struggle/lose.

Who are you suggesting it to ???
    :rolleyes:

:D tool

Spot on but unlikely AVB reads this forum:rolleyes: !

Rumour has it he logs on before every game to see what we're all thinking.... he hasn't returned though since he started reading Ed's posts :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Apparently Young and Vidic might be out for the weekend. Would be massive if this was the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Apparently Young and Vidic might be out for the weekend. Would be massive if this was the case

Vidic will be available. Young is out though.

http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-united/vidic-boost-as-young-sits-out-spurs-1531800.html?

Advertisement