Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man U home 20th January

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

young is no loss - they have very adequate replacements.

Heading over to this one , looking forward to i

2-1 to spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    young is no loss - they have very adequate replacements.

Heading over to this one , looking forward to i

2-1 to spurs!

Heading over myself aswell, swore after last seasons defeat to them I would never go to a Spurs v United game again haha. That did not last long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    Heading over to this one , looking forward to i 2-1 to spurs!
    KingdomYid wrote: »
    Heading over myself aswell, swore after last seasons defeat to them I would never go to a Spurs v United game again haha. That did not last long :D

Enjoy it lads, hope we can pull a rabbit out of a hat! Anyone know when was the last time we done the double on them??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sandro is out if the pictures are anything to go by.
    Can't post a link while on phone but needless to says he looked like someone who had a elephant riverdance on his right leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sandro is out if the pictures are anything to go by.
    Can't post a link while on phone but needless to says he looked like someone who had a elephant riverdance on his right leg.

It was announced Sandro has an operation on his leg earlier, he's out for weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Enjoy it lads, hope we can pull a rabbit out of a hat! Anyone know when was the last time we done the double on them??

89/90 won 1-0 at OT Lineker and 2-1 at home Lineker and Gazza. Also won 3-0 up there in League Cup Lineker Samway and Nayim

yiddo59 wrote: »
    89/90 won 1-0 at OT Lineker and 2-1 at home Lineker and Gazza. Also won 3-0 up there in League Cup Lineker Samway and Nayim

Nice one, I wonder would Gary tog out for us on Sunday? ;) It'd be nice to have a striker with his prowess up front..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Anyone see how Sky are promoting the matches this Sunday? Basically calling it a day of Revenge for Arsenal and United. Am I reading too much into it or is that not a bit disrespectful to ourselves and Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    Anyone see how Sky are promoting the matches this Sunday? Basically calling it a day of Revenge for Arsenal and United. Am I reading too much into it or is that not a bit disrespectful to ourselves and Chelsea?

Reading too much in to it pal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Reading too much in to it pal

Agreed, I actually think they've done a great job promoting it like this. Both games are grudge games and there's no doubt that Utd will be up for this one and will want to right the wrongs of the game in OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Here Precious

Jaysus lads what are the chances of the game Sunday being called off due to snow..snow due to last 3 days...it's all bout outside the ground being safe..I reckon it cud be off...hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lydiabehan

Living in Toronto these days but found out I'm going to be in London on Sunday for work. Complete long shot but does anyone have a spare ticket for the match against Utd?

If not, what are people's experience with the scalpers there (I know, I hate them too but it's been so long since I've been to whl and would love to go) - I've only ever gone over with a ticket already bought

Thanks

I have a feeling that you could be right.

Sky will be livid.

I'd say it'll go ahead , all depends on the amount of snowfall I suppose. It's a nightmare, I remember a few year ago, I was going to see us at Anfield and it got called off the day before I was due to travel, nightmare.

lydiabehan wrote: »
    If not, what are people's experience with the scalpers there (I know, I hate them too but it's been so long since I've been to whl and would love to go) - I've only ever gone over with a ticket already bought

Thanks

There'll be plenty of them about, wouldn't go near the tramps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

My 2 cents:

Goalkeeper: Spurs De Gea can be good on his day but i still think we have advantage here.

Defence: United (with Vidic playing) have advantage. I think BAE should start to give us balance and Kyle Walker needs to be at his best. Also Rio will be having nightmares after OT so if it would be great to expose his lack of pace again.

Midfield: Spurs should have advantage here. I think Anderson has shown lately he can be really strong on his day but if Parker gets up to speed quickly this area of the pitch should (must) be ours.

Attack: United have advantage here, probably over any team in the world on current form. We can't afford to give them nearly as many chances as we did second half at OT.

I think Spurs have a good chance if we keep our concentration at the back and our midfield dominates for 90 mins.

The depth of United's squad v Liverpool is frightening (considering Rooney was out too) and they have match winners all over the pitch. How do you stop the ball dropping to RVP? He's odds on to score at anytime!

That said, Parker and Dembele could make live difficult for their midfield. Bale, Lennon and Defoe are gonna have to be at their most dangerous...

I'm nervous already!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think Spurs have a good chance if we keep our concentration at the back and our midfield dominates for 90 mins.

Easier said than done. Walker is exposed against quality opposition time and again. I'd prefer Naughton to be playing right back.

If Rooney or RVP drop out to the left to pick up the ball we could be killed with over-lapping runs or runs into the massive gap Walker leaves between himself and his centre back.

As mentioned by Frank, I think midfield is our key strength.

United are as quick as us on the break. It could be a game of counter-attack versus counter-attack.

My realistic prediction is a draw, but just like the game up at OT I hope we can sneak it by a goal.

COYS!

I'd say it'll go ahead , all depends on the amount of snowfall I suppose. It's a nightmare, I remember a few year ago, I was going to see us at Anfield and it got called off the day before I was due to travel,
    nightmare.

Will be gutted if same happens me, been looking forward to this one for a while.

I'd take a draw now.

• Advertisement

Lads, this is Man U we are playing. Have ye forgotten 20 of the last 21 results. We will either be robbed, shoot ourselves in the foot or both.

P.S. Shouldnt we be in the other man uuuu thread.

Will be gutted if same happens me, been looking forward to this one for a while.

Hopefully you get out, we win, and your stuck there celebrating until Tuesday :D

Hopefully you get out, we win, and your stuck there celebrating until Tuesday :D

Perfect outcome all round there :D

Perfect outcome all round there :D

Bring a few bob extra just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Some great (and some not so great) pics here of Spurs v Man U over the years

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/see-50-classic-images-from-tottenham-1544173

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Website saying the match is still on for now but that's so long as it doesn't snow again. Fingers crossed.

It's snowing all morning but not staying on the streets. Doesn't look like stopping but going to head to ground soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The pitches for both games look perfect, just seen a live camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Match being called off wouldn't be the worst thing, RvP is in formidable form. Made shít of our defence last season at The Emirates and this season at OT (despite not scoring). Would take a draw all the livelong day.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Match being called off wouldn't be the worst thing, RvP is in formidable form. Made shít of our defence last season at The Emirates and this season at OT (despite not scoring). Would take a draw all the livelong day.

Wud b a disaster ! I wud have to spend the day in the pub drinking pints of London pride!

Advertisement