Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man U home 20th January

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    mickman wrote: »
    Dempsey doesn't deserve the plaudits. He had a poor game, his miss at start of second half was shocking

It was a great save from De Gea, he scored the goal thus earning us a precious point. Give the guy a break.

It was a terrible miss, 5 yards out and kicked it along the ground. A forward cant miss a chance like that

He worked hard though and ill give him that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hats off to Lennon. He kept his head and it was great decision making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Where can I get stats for the match, how much possesion had we? How many shots on target?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    Dempsey doesn't deserve the plaudits. He had a poor game, his miss at start of second half was shocking

Dembele was fantastic

I agree with this. I was looking on another fourm and lads are giving him 7/8 out of 10!! For me he had an awful match and the goal just glossed over it. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed he got it but had he not he would have been IMO the worst performer on the pitch.

He tries hard but most of the time it just doesn't seem to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Played quite well.
    Well deserved a point.
    Know a few lads who didn't get out of the airport, terrible pity.
    If only we had a top striker, broken record stuff I know....

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Where can I get stats for the match, how much possesion had we? How many shots on target?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21002574

Down near the bottom...

PogMoThoin wrote: »

60% ? 6/7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Verthongen ill according to his twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yep Lennon was brilliant today. A great point for AVB and Co. We played the better football with United only winning the number of fouls and bookings.

We've a few issues in the squad, Parker will not last 90 minutes in our remaining 15 league games and we need somebody else in so he doesn't burn out. Walker is a liability, as is BAE, the latter due more to the lack of match fitness.

Need a fcuking striker, if Ðefoe had pulled up today we'd be the laughing stock of the league.

Need a fcuking striker, .

if we had a top one, we'd have won today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    if we had a top one, we'd have won today

Yep, it was glaringly obvious, 23 shots, 18 on target, one last minute goal.. Time to invest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

great point. even at home a point against utd is a good point.

played well especially second half.

striker before window closes please mr levy

Anyone know I site that would give all our stats for the season so far in terms of shot on/off target, chances created versus other teams.

Trying to find them on this tablet but mostly getting betting sites with related stats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

I saw somewhere and i think it was on the liverpool thread here that we had created the most goal scoring chances in the league so far.

Just found this site, pretty impressive.

Good article here, written ahead of today's game. Well worth a read.

http://www.eplindex.com/24647/tottenham-hotspur-team-observations-tactical-analysis.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Some guys reaction to the Spurs goal:

582437_478821728842162_2093413042_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

^^^^^^^

That is absolutely quality hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Benny's just tweeted:

@AssouEkotto: i didnt know what means (fergie time)... NOW i know... !!! Merci SPURS LOL :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Love it :P

486044_10151436521807803_1684855168_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I don't mean to have a go at Dempsey , I still think he is a good squad player and is an asset but his ability ain't great

In the first half he attempted a short pass with the outside of the boot and he passed it straight to a united man , he needs to keep it simple

Having been at the game and watched dembele closely , he is something special . He will be a massive player for us

Agree with all the striker comments but I don't think we will buy one

• Advertisement

Me neither. I dont like Jan transfer window, I dont think its the time to be buying quality players, you end up paying too much or taking too big a risk (usually both) but we need one badly.

In the last two games alone we have dominated large parts of the games and created lots of clear-cut chances. We should have 6 points but instead we have 2. We should be sitting 4 points better off in the table.

Did everyone get to the game that was supposed to ? I know 4 lads who didn't get there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I thought it was an excellent performance from us for the most part. Dembele and Lennon were immense for us as well as Dawson IMO.

I wasnt happy with the way we set up defensively though. We were so so narrow around our box with the goal highlighting it. The players were obviously instructed to do this before hand(maybe not give RVP and Kagawa too much space but for the goal it cost us.

We also could have made much more clear chances but the final ball was very poor at times.

But it shows how far weve come in the last 2 years or so that despite not playing to our potential we picked up a point against the league leaders

It really was a great performance. On a par with the win at OT because unlike that game (specifically the 2nd half), it wasnt backs to the wall stuff or the usual collapse but quite the opposite. In fact, it was united who were struggling to deal with our game plan if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Did everyone get to the game that was supposed to ? I know 4 lads who didn't get there..

I got there Hatch, and had no hitches to my amazement. Flight from Cork Saturday night was early landing, had no probs with bus to Liverpool St on Sunday morning and I came back this morning. I was sure there would be no game when in the pub at 2.50pm, and the last minute goal made the cold trip all worth while :).

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I got there Hatch, and had no hitches to my amazement. Flight from Cork Saturday night was early landing, had no probs with bus to Liverpool St on Sunday morning and I came back this morning. I was sure there would be no game when in the pub at 2.50pm, and the last minute goal made the cold trip all worth while :).

Super, delighted all went well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Me neither. I dont like Jan transfer window, I dont think its the time to be buying quality players, you end up paying too much or taking too big a risk (usually both) but we need one badly.

In the last two games alone we have dominated large parts of the games and created lots of clear-cut chances. We should have 6 points but instead we have 2. We should be sitting 4 points better off in the table.

I dont agree with you, if a goal scorer is not bought it will make finishing top 4 alot harder.

As you say we have 2 points from last two games instead of 6.

What if in the next 2 games we draw after missing a sh!t load of chances again, that will be 4 points instead of 12 and teams will be picking up points behind us.

It is similar to the year that City beat us to 4th a decent striker that year and we would have got 4th at a canter.

A risk has to be taken on a known goal scorer whatever the price as it will cost more not to get into the champions league money wise plus possible sale of Bale.

I want Bale to play in a spurs side with a striker who knows where the goals are i think that could bring us onto a new level esp with form lennon is showing also.

Just my views guys but i think action has to be taken now.

celt262 wrote: »
    I dont agree with you, if a goal scorer is not bought it will make finishing top 4 alot harder.

I think you took my point up wrong. I am saying the same thing as you.

Even though I dont like the Jan windows because of issues mentioned in my original post I still think we should (must) buy a striker now or end up dropping more points. We should have won the last 2 games and be 4 points better off. If we dont get a quality striker in to put the chances away then we will continue to draw games we should be winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I loved Fergie's rant about Rooney's "penalty". I'd imagine that Pedro Mendes had a wry smile while he watched that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

WHL wrote: »
    I loved Fergie's rant about Rooney's "penalty". I'd imagine that Pedro Mendes had a wry smile while he watched that one

Lol he also says that lineman gave us everything!hmm:D
    Same linesman had his flag up for defoes follow up shot from lennons 1st run/shot which was way onside.. & rooney left his leg out on caulker to try con the ref/lino & tough **** for em.....;)

CAULKERS AN INNOCENT MAN!:p

Advertisement