Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safenet.ie, has anyone used them?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

They gave me the cheapest quote 530 euro for a 3 bed house (8 windows, 2 doors, motion detector, dummy bell etc.) Has anyone used them? Should I go ahead or stay away?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you give more information on the quote you got .
    Whats included , what equipment is being specified , wired or wireless etc.
    Cheap is not always the best. My advice is always get at least 3 quotes & ensure your comparing like with like. Never accept a quote without a site visit , that way there are no nasty surprises later.
    As a minimum all downstairs & accessible windows should be covered with shock sensors & contacts & internal protection of 1 or 2 PiRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

Wired securewatch system, all covered, 1 PiR, 1 panic button

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Securewatch???
    A relatively old system. Ask him for Securewave or Siemens , They are both near enough the same cost but much more sophisticated systems and they have the ability of wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

They also have Aritech. Would you recommend it rather than Securewatch? http://safenet.ie/safenet/Main/WiredAlarms.htm

I would recommend Siemens & Securewave over Aritech as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

sean29 wrote: »
    They also have Aritech. Would you recommend it rather than Securewatch? http://safenet.ie/safenet/Main/WiredAlarms.htm[/QUOTE]

That company 'Aritech' has not been called that in a long while while. They have been known as GE AFAIK for the last 3 years.

Again as KoolKid said, get at least 3 quotes, written that is and ensure these companies do proper site risk assesments as per standards.
    These regulations are put in place for you the public, so why not avail of them?

By the way, you mentioned you are getting your windows done, what is been fitted to them? just that shock sensors are approx 4 times the price of a contact.
    And a contact does not detect a window been broken, it only detects the window been opened. Not all burglars actually open the windows after smashing the glass.

Advertisement