Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Upload Is So Slow ?

• 14-01-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

Today I've switched back to Eircom and a lovely person said that I will have 2 mb/s of upload. Of course I knew that I wouldn't have that much.

But I've started thinking with my friend in England why the upload is so slow inside Ireland and England ? In Poland a mobile internet allows to have 2 mb/s of upload.

I'm on the 24 MB/s Turbo Home Eircom. My line only allows to have 20 MB/s and the internet its on ADSL2+.
    Here is the speedtest and pingtest during normal using of internet:
    2435900648.png
    75551358.png

But when I'm upload a file (for example a 80 MB file) results are following:
    2435893116.png

But the question is why the upload is so slow on Islands and why my download speed drop down so much during uploading...

And do any1 know's is the UPC available on Macroom, Co. Cork ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Because outside of those areas which have cable or fibre broadband doesn't exist.

Advertisement