Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Vape meet!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

If I bring my agas or agat or whatever I have and the wick and wire can someone go through rebuilding with me?

Great idea, maybe we could have a genesis master class.

Hands up those who have mastered the art of ss wicking.

Lets ban hotspots forever!

Please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Yip actually I was thinking of saying 'okay who's interested in learning about genesis building and who would be interested in teaching us? I' put my hands up for being interested in learning, anyone else??' ;-) I hear that flat ribbon wire is supposed to be good for fixing hotspots, I only just got a AGA-T today, might set it up tonight or tomorrow. Loads of people seem to be using those propane/butane flame torch lighter things. Would a regular BIC lighter be alright? I've only got a bit of mesh and wire that came with it and am afraid to feck it up. Watched three vids so far... Think I've got it but... daunting :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

illicit007 wrote: »
    Yip actually I was thinking of saying 'okay who's interested in learning about genesis building and who would be interested in teaching us? I' put my hands up for being interested in learning, anyone else??' ;-) I hear that flat ribbon wire is supposed to be good for fixing hotspots, I only just got a AGA-T today, might set it up tonight or tomorrow. Loads of people seem to be using those propane/butane flame torch lighter things. Would a regular BIC lighter be alright? I've only got a bit of mesh and wire that came with it and am afraid to feck it up. Watched three vids so far... Think I've got it but... daunting :)

You can use a light,but it takes A LOT longer than a torch,and for me doesn't do the same job.I picked one up off ebay for 9 euro posted.

Thanks PMC. I'm gonna get a torch then before bothering trying to coil up up this genesis for the first time. Might try and get some #500 mesh and some of that ribbon wire too no while I'm at it. Heard 500 mesh and flat ribbon is the best and easiest to work with. Got a ss vamo v2 and an AGA-T+ I need to marry together in perfect symphony and learning a lot from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So, its on at the Silver Granite, Palmerstown from what I understand. I'm going to go, but will have to get a bus up from Cork for it. That's fine, but I'd appreciate anyone who could help me out with something...

I get the bus up to Dublin, will it be handy to get a bus from the city centre to Palmerstown? I was talking to someone from Dublin and the person wasn't quite sure if I'd have to get the 25 bus or the 40 bus. Could someone who knows confirm one way or the other? Also would be helpful if I'd have some idea where I could get such a bus from. I'd like to know this stuff in advance, don't really want to be asking on friday :P

I was recommended to not go with bus eireann, that there is a better service to go with. I forget the name now, but can confirm that monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

pmcmahon wrote: »
    You can use a light,but it takes A LOT longer than a torch,and for me doesn't do the same job.I picked one up off ebay for 9 euro posted.

Out of interest where's the best place to get a blowtorch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

eBay. Amazon.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I get the bus up to Dublin, will it be handy to get a bus from the city centre to Palmerstown?

Hey man, I'm going to be getting a bus to Dublin and then heading in via bus probably, or maybe with my brother in his van. Haven't looked into it yet, will probably check it out along the way. Perhaps could get the bus with ya, give you a lift, or share a taxi with ya. PM me if you're interested, well sort something out later. Will sort it out my own travel plans in a few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What's the story lads,I'll probably be in Dublin city before the meet so I could spin you's up from busaras to palmerstown if you want?,I don't know if id be able to drop you's back in though that's the only thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stanton82

A 'Vape meet'. Sounded like fun initially when i saw it (whatever a vape is and whatever vapers do) but after scrolling down a little bit, alas! An overnight 'vig' bombarded by single/not single but searching male vapers. Each coming with the genuine hope he'l meet a female vaper, as usual he however gets disappointed/frustrated. Frustration mixes with alcohol- which never happens quite well- and a fight (or fights as usually is the case) ensues. Vapers with broken noses, vapers with bleeding heads, curious male with a police record. Why on earth would I not want to come for this vape vig?!

• Advertisement

If Anyone is travelling from Navan, I have room for one more in the car. (hairdressers car)
    Be warned, I wont be drinking or staying half the night!

Stanton82 wrote: »
    A 'Vape meet'. Sounded like fun initially when i saw it (whatever a vape is and whatever vapers do) but after scrolling down a little bit, alas! An overnight 'vig' bombarded by single/not single but searching male vapers. Each coming with the genuine hope he'l meet a female vaper, as usual he however gets disappointed/frustrated. Frustration mixes with alcohol- which never happens quite well- and a fight (or fights as usually is the case) ensues. Vapers with broken noses, vapers with bleeding heads, curious male with a police record. Why on earth would I not want to come for this vape vig?!

What does any of that even mean? Are you self-projecting onto us?
    You need to practise your trolling, young one.
    Go read some Oscar Wilde so you know how to pull off a belittling tone - or just read anything at all. Ann & Barry will do if they're the only books you have.

grindle wrote: »
    Go read some Oscar Wilde so you know how to pull off a belittling tone - or just read anything at all. Ann & Barry will do if they're the only books you have.
    Best to ignore the ignorant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stanton82

Classic Vapers. *sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Whats the story with the raffle tickets? How much are they and how to buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ibiliss

just ordered my eGo-T friday cant wait new to vaping myself quit smoking eight months a go useing the disposable e cigs wonted to move to the next level. anyways the silver granite is my local defo drop in love to get some advice and tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Whats the story with the raffle tickets? How much are they and how to buy them?

Everyone who comes gets a ticket on the door. free of charge. I will have a bucket for donations for charity if people want to give something but its not a must :)

Everyone who comes gets a ticket on the door. free of charge. I will have a bucket for donations for charity if people want to give something but its not a must :)
    Thanks DB. What time does it start at?

Starts at 3.

3-7 were booked on for and if noone else has booked the room we can stay in it, if they have we just go to the bar or the lounge.

• Advertisement

3-7 were booked on for and if noone else has booked the room we can stay in it, if they have we just go to the bar or the lounge.
    Thanks a million. Most likely ill be there. Will try to bring my mrs as well. At least she will see some other vapers because now she thinks im the only vaper in the world:)

Thanks a million. Most likely ill be there. Will try to bring my mrs as well. At least she will see some other vapers because now she thinks im the only vaper in the world:)
    People in my course in UCC think that of me. I've also had two people tell me about how they think e-liquids are dangerous on the grounds of anti freeze being in it. I had the chance to show information to the first already, but the other person said so on thursday and I haven't had my laptop with me to show the information about propylene glycol and that it is safe, and actually used in medicinal stuff. Anyway, this is info on the anti freeze thing.

...information about propylene glycol and that it is safe, and actually used in medicinal stuff.

It's used in food, toothpaste, hand creams, shampoos, conditioners, KY lube...Everythinnnnng.

Chances of whoever it was having coated themselves in or having swallowing PG within the last 24 hours are 99.9%.

People are twats.

It's used in food, toothpaste, hand creams, shampoos, conditioners, KY lube...Everythinnnnng.

Chances of whoever it was having coated themselves in or having swallowing PG withing the last 24 hours are 99.9%.

People are twats.
    Generally, I'd agree, but these were well intentioned and poorly informed people. The first was surprised to hear what is actually the case, and I expect the same to be true of the other when I let her know tomorrow.

Generally, I'd agree, but these were well intentioned and poorly informed people. The first was surprised to hear what is actually the case, and I expect the same to be true of the other when I let her know tomorrow.
    Okay. I'll sort of forgive them. Just give her a really patronising, smug look from me please.
    Kind of a half-smiled "oh you silly child" kind of look, you know? Thanks.

is pg not the same stuff in smoke machines too?

is pg not the same stuff in smoke machines too?

Yup.

Yup.

well then **** the medical part of pg and just tell them that they breathe it every night they're out in a club :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

isn't it VG that's used in smoke machines?

• Advertisement

isn't it VG that's used in smoke machines?

thought that was inhalers?

Advertisement