Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Vape meet!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So for the meet the prizes for the raffle are as follows:

e-smokeireland: Mini White Provari v2

ezsmoke: Ego Vision V3 "TWIST" Starter Kit and 5 x 10ml T-Juice.

BestEcig: Silver C5 starter kit and juice

VapourPal : red eCab starter kit and one 20ml bottle from each of the 10 flavours from their Joyetech range of juices in various strengths

VapeRus will donate the following for now.

1 Evic
    1 Innokin Itaste VV in Black
    1 Innokin AIO in Black
    1 Stainless Vamo with Metal buttons
    5 10ml Bottles of Vaperus Twilight
    5 10ml Bottles of Vaperus TriColour
    1 T-Juice Gift Tin

Just let you know that www.ovaleireland.com will be supplying a Ovale eVic mod for the raffle and some New Ovale e-liquids for testing

Just let you know that www.ecirettesolutions.com will be supplying a VV Chrome Lambo Lavatube mod for the raffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

isn't it VG that's used in smoke machines?

Can be used in smoke machines for a thicker fog, but needs watering down.
    Kills a smoke machine's element quicker. They're both wonder-juices.

So for the meet the prizes for the raffle are as follows:

e-smokeireland: Mini White Provari v2

ezsmoke: Ego Vision V3 "TWIST" Starter Kit and 5 x 10ml T-Juice.

BestEcig: Silver C5 starter kit and juice

VapourPal : red eCab starter kit and one 20ml bottle from each of the 10 flavours from their Joyetech range of juices in various strengths

VapeRus will donate the following for now.

1 Evic
    1 Innokin Itaste VV in Black
    1 Innokin AIO in Black
    1 Stainless Vamo with Metal buttons
    5 10ml Bottles of Vaperus Twilight
    5 10ml Bottles of Vaperus TriColour
    1 T-Juice Gift Tin
    Just let you know that www.ovaleireland.com will be supplying a Ovale eVic mod for the raffle and some New Ovale e-liquids for testing

Just let you know that www.ecirettesolutions.com will be supplying a VV Chrome Lambo Lavatube mod for the raffle.

Purevapour will give 2 beginner kits (v1p pcc kits) for the raffle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

some great prizes there lads, would love to go but not able to make it to dublin, hope ye have a great day for those who do make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Does anyone know if its going to be possible to buy/try some new juices or devices there? There will be a couple of my friends with me who'd love to spend some money there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Are there any experienced genesis rebuilders going? I'll come along if someone there will take 20 mins to teach me how they mastered it!?

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its going to be possible to buy/try some new juices or devices there? There will be a couple of my friends with me who'd love to spend some money there.

ESI are only around the corner, I'm sure we can all head back there after closing and buy some!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Nonamigo wrote: »

I'll have some juices... do you have a dripper or something to try them with.

See my main concern is HOW do you test juices. Usually I use cartomisers or clearos you see and haven't quite used anything else yet. Cartos and clearos are a pain in the ass to change juices in. From what I gather drippers are the best thing, but with no first hand experience I'm just using my imagination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

get on to one of the vendors on the facebook group and ask them to bring a couple of 510 or 306 dripping atomisers for you to buy on the day, then you can drip juices

I bought this one a while back... http://prestashop441.thebestshoplimit.netdna-cdn.com/shop/229-thickbox/joye-306-low-resistance-atomizer.jpg

But it was terrible. Leaked everywhere. The vape wasn't good. Maybe I wasn't using it right or it was a dud. Either way it went in the bin.

Would you recommend any particular 510 or 306 dripping atomisers Sir D? (for other people)

(I bought a igo-l dripper which hasn't arrived yet, so asked ESI to bring a Killer for me to buy to the vape meet, sorted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

illicit007 wrote: »
    I bought this one a while back... http://prestashop441.thebestshoplimit.netdna-cdn.com/shop/229-thickbox/joye-306-low-resistance-atomizer.jpg

But it was terrible. Leaked everywhere. The vape wasn't good. Maybe I wasn't using it right or it was a dud. Either way it went in the bin.

Would you recommend any particular 510 or 306 dripping atomisers Sir D? (for other people)

(I bought a igo-l dripper which hasn't arrived yet, so asked ESI to bring a Killer for me to buy to the vape meet, sorted ;)

The pheonix rebuildable is pretty good,i think the best shop stock them for 9 euro or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i never actually got on with 306 atomisers either. they held so little juice and I wasn't thrilled with the vape but loads of people love them so.. *shrug*

leaking is something you kinda have to accept with normal dripping atomisers, 510 or 306. if you overfill them.. that juice just has to go somewhere
    you can buy drip shields for 306's that prevent the leaking, some of the shields even feed the overfilled juice back into the atomiser when it's going dry I think.. but they're dear enough and you kinda have to know you're gonna like 306's in the first place before you'd splurge on them and even then there's several different makers of 510/306 dripping atomisers.

you have your normal mass produced chinese ones and then there are american companies that make more expensive ones too, I've never tried them.. just went to rebuildables. honestly if someone wanted to try dripping I'd reccomend that igo-l you got (i havent tried it but it looks the business and gets great reviews) or something like the phoenix.. not neccesarily the best dripping atomisers but dirt cheap and easy to use and good performance.

--edit

i dont know if the lads from the best shop will be at the vapemeet but e-smokeireland and vaperus will be. they're not going as vendors but they will bring stuff if people ask for it. e-smoke and vaperus have a couple of rebuildables.. vaperus have the a7 which I think is well reviewed.. I know i've seen the name around and e-smoke have the phoenix and phoenix X-L.

with the amount of people at the meet who'll have rebuildables im sure you could ask one of the vendors to bring a rebuildable down for you to buy and learn how to set it up properly on the day

although if thebestshop aren't going i dont know where you'd get wick/wire in time for saturday

pmcmahon wrote: »
    The pheonix rebuildable is pretty good,i think the best shop stock them for 9 euro or so.

Anyone wanting to come to the vape meet to try juices needs to sort themselves out a dripper is my recommendation.

illicit007 wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to come to the vape meet to try juices needs to sort themselves out a dripper is my recommendation.

I ordered some wick and wire and mesh, will arrive tomorrow. I'll happily share the whole lot of it out with everyone who needs it and order more next week if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

It would be gas to phone the cops and say "there are guys here in the pub and they are smoking what appears to be crack pipes! Send 50 of your biggest men with roit gear cause they look cagey as f**k"
    Only jokin, would love to go but I live far far away, it would be mad meeting all ye in person but knowing my luck I would drink too much, make a tit of myself and be shunned by the vaping community for all eternity!!!;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    ...knowing my luck I would drink too much, make a tit of myself and be shunned by the vaping community for all eternity!!!;-)

We could live in shamed exile foreverrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Hope all of you who go to the vapemeet, have a great evening.
    Just make sure you leave a few windows open, as anyone passing by seeing all the vapour might mistake it that the place is on fire and call 999 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I will be there around 4 hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

jsabina wrote: »
    I will be there around 4 hopefully!

Me too!

Just in the door, thanks to DirtyBollox for organising and the vendors for the prizes...

I brought two smokers along to it who were on the fence about vaping and I think they both left convinced, between the three of us, we won three kits, I came away with an eVic from Vaperus, so delighted with that!

Nice to put faces to some names too, and most importantly of all, I got my Aga-T working \o/ (totally by chance, but it all counts!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Lucutus wrote: »
    Just in the door, thanks to DirtyBollox for organising and the vendors for the prizes...

I brought two smokers along to it who were on the fence about vaping and I think they both left convinced, between the three of us, we won three kits, I came away with an eVic from Vaperus, so delighted with that!

Nice to put faces to some names too, and most importantly of all, I got my Aga-T working \o/ (totally by chance, but it all counts!).
    How come so early Picard? was the room booked for the night?

Unfortunately, I was driving Number One, everyone around downing pints, so I had to get home to the local, warp factor 10. They put aside a section downstairs that ppl moved down to at around 7pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Had a ball, even if I wasn't one of the lads who won four (!!!) of the prizes in the raffle each.
    (Perhaps ration prizes to one per person next time? Just a suggestion!)
    Great day out, and fantastic to meet so many other vapers and learn from them.
    Good to meet so many of Ireland's vendors too, and I'll be sending some of you orders in the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bren_

Lucutus wrote: »

Nice to meet you lucutas. Glad to hear you got the aga working. It was good craic and nice to meet everyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

Had a great time, lovely to meet everyone and see others again, great evening altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ibiliss

was raging i could't make it especially l since i only live down the road, glad to hear it went so well, defo hope theirs another one in the future.

just counted the cash raised from the raffle, €180.90.

this is going to st Vincent's and ill be dropping it in on Wednesday, thank you to everyone who bought tickets :)

Thanks to the vendors who gave prizes for the raffle! I'm glad I only bought 5 extra tickets now, I won two prizes and I would have died if another of my numbers was called out again. I could almost feel the crowd turning against me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 prettypaws

well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Really enjoyed the meet and was great to meet all here who attended. Thanks DB for organising and great to see a few bob raised for charity too :)

Advertisement