Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Meteor after contract ended. Who do I contact about warranty, Meteor or Samsung?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

First of all, can anyone confirm that the Samsung Galaxy S2 has a two year warranty in Ireland like it does in the States?

I bought a Galaxy S2 on Meteor on a 12 month contract. When the contract ended about 7 months ago I ported my number over to Three. The home button stopped working a few weeks ago so can anyone tell me who I should contact about checking to see if it can be repaired under warranty, Meteor or Samsung?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

As far as I thought, Samsung offer a 2 year warranty everywhere.

You should contact them for a warranty. If it is under warranty you can put it in for repair with any reputable and recommended phone repair company, such as Fonemenders (or their new name), for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Try your Meteor store first. My dad's Samsung Omnia 7 broke three times since his contract ended and each time Meteor sent it off for repair under the warranty, even though he isn't with Meteor anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Samsung should deal with it miles faster than Meteor, if friends stories are to be believed.

Advertisement