Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold call from M2M Financial

Options
  • 14-01-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I got a cold call from M2M Financial asking me about my pension and mortgage insurance. When asked the woman said she got my number from the phone book. From what i could make out the act as a broker for different financial products.
    Doesn't sound very professional to me. Has anyone heard or dealt with this company before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

I thought that cold-calling was becoming out-dated, but it's not illegal as long as your phone number is listed in the business section of the phone book or in a trade magazine or directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

It was on a home phone which is listed in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

3.41 A regulated entity may make telephone contact with a consumer other than an existing customer, only if:
    a) the consumer has signed a statement, within the previous twelve months, giving the regulated entity permission to make telephone calls to him or her for specified purposes and the contact is in respect of such specified purposes;
    b) the consumer has a listing in the business listing section of the current telephone directory, classified telephone directory or in trade/professional directories circulating in the State and contact is made via the business telephone number;
    c) the consumer is a director of a company, or a partner in a firm with an entry in one of the directories listed in b) above and contact is made via the business telephone number of the company or firm in question and is in connection with their role as director of the company or partner in the firm;
    d) the consumer is the subject of a referral for which the consumer has provided express consent, received from an entity authorised to provide financial services in Ireland, another entity within the same group, a solicitor or a certified person; or
    e) the purpose of the contact is limited to offering protection policies.
    In relation to d) above, such a referral must be followed up by an indication to the consumer by the regulated entity that the referral has been made and asking for consent to proceed.
    3.42 A regulated entity must ensure that, where it makes a telephone contact on foot of a referral, it retains a record of the referral.
    3.43 Telephone contact, made in accordance with this Code, may be made only between 9.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m. Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays and public holidays), unless otherwise agreed with the consumer.

Consumer Protection Code 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The thread has been closed, as M2M Financial have objected to some the content posted here.

Members are free to make their own assesment of that action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement