Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Docs Alternative for Physics

Options
  • 14-01-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other programs similar to Google Docs for creating the form in particular.

I want to be able to enter integers/fractions etc in the answer boxes, google docs does not allow answers unless they are integers.

The ability to share and edit the document with others must be included.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, sorry if the request is a tad vague! :-P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Would open office + dropbox do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

www.office.com/preview

will continue to be free at least until some point into the spring, and painless to install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

ThinkFree

Free registration, 1 GB storage, requires Java.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I'll try these out guys thanks, want to create form where physicists can enter information to created questions and share them, ill let you know how I get on with above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Actually, you can try the ThinkFree word processor without registration. You just can't save w/o signing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

The thinkfree application is nice, but the interface on google docs is better personally. I like the way you can create a form which has a simple interface for entering answers with allocated boxes/multiple choice answers/tick boxes and at the same time can be edited in a spreadsheet

Advertisement