Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carolinespring's reading log 2013

Options
  • 14-01-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

First book of 2013 was.....

1. Frank Herbert's Dune. First sci-fi book I have read. While I did enjoy it I did find it hard to follow and had to go back and reread a number of pages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

2. Sherlock Holmes "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Really enjoyed it. Took me a little while to get used to the writing style but after about 20 pages was grand. Don't read a lot of crime novels but now planning on reading the rest of the Sherlock Holmes books.

3. The red tent by Anita Diamant. Again not something I would normally read but was glued to it and had to keep going. Harrowing but gripping story.

4. The Green Fool by Patrick Kavanagh. Read it years ago so it was lovely to revisit it again and I enjoyed just as much second time around.

5. The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Really found this book amazing. One of the best nonfiction books I have ever read.

6.The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks. Absolutely amazing. Loved this book and it is a very interesting read.

• Advertisement

7. ' Intercourse ' by Andrea Dworkin. Dear sweet Christ, I will never got those hours of my life back. I read this as part of my book club.

8. Lies of silence by Brian Moore. I read this in a very short time. A real page turner. Set in Belfast.

9. I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson.

A really good crime book. I was hooked from the start. A no-holds-barred, pedal-to-the-floor, action-packed novel.

7/10

10 Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin.

As a massive Springsteen fan, what can I say... this was really interesting to read and filled in so many blanks about The Boss.

9/10

11. The Girl who married a lion by Alexander McCall Smith.

A fun and easy read that made me think while I was laughing. The stories are short, but have abrupt and sometimes tragic endings.

9/10

• Advertisement

12. Persuasion by Jane Austen.

A classic , that was published after Jane's death. I found it hard to get into the story. I did enjoy it and am glad I read it but found it just not my cup of tea.

6/10

Advertisement