Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty shop up on Ballybricken?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Whats up with that shop in Ballybricken ye know the one its been empty a good while now, Is there anything suppose to go in there? its between billy burkes and kervicks! Im sure you know the one, I think it was a londis before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bescos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bescos - No idea. Was a handy supermarket in it's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

As far as I know it was part of the Tweedy group but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its a good position and all, wheres the nearest shop i suppose you have aldi down the other way maybe thats whats detering any potential investor!

Im sure the shop needs a complete refurb anyway! so throw in another 50-100 thousand, yeah i can see why its empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It used to be Bescos/Londis for years up until about 2007 when they had a fire close down the shop for a few weeks, everyone assumed the insurance would sort it out and the place would be open again but the rumor was that the owner didnt have the place covered for fire and started a legal battle with the insurance company over costs etc and in the end he lost and was left paying a lease on an empty and ruined building so sadly it has been lying derelict ever since.

I heard it was being turned into a nightclub back in 2009 but im pretty sure thats rubbish now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ronnette

Just seen this post! Just want to make it clear that the owner of Londis was completely covered by insurance and was not left paying any bills after the fire. They merely decided to retire but its amazing how rumours are started and spread about! Tweedy was never romotely involved in getting into the premises! The shop was bought by John Power who owns the pharmacy in Ballybricken! Whether he still owns it now or not I don't know!

sorry Morgan Power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Funny how many rumours were floating around over that place. I heard a few years ago Tesco were looking at turning it into a Tesco Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Ah Besco's, for a place so big on Ballybricken you'd never really notice it, would make a great place for farmer's markets if it was cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Christ,

This thread got out of hand. I have deleted questionable post in this thread but if there are any more posts in the future that are damaging to a business or people without linked proof then bans will be handed out.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You just beat me to it :-), I've only just read through this thread for the first time, my god, what a train wreck, just to clarify, second hand information and hearsay rumours are not fact!

And just a further point (and if somebody did thank you I might have missed it) if you see posts that your not happy with please report them. I don't get a chance to read every thread anymore so I Kind of rely on the reported posts to nip things like this thread in the bud. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

out of curiousity, can i ask why was my post deleted? i didnt name anyone and merely told the chief protaganist to zip up and cop on to him/herself?

It was an across the board clean up, your post was perfectly fine mainly if i had left it stand it wouldnt have made any sense in the current state of the thread. It's just easier when the thread is such a mess to give it a fresh start.

ziedth wrote: »
    It was an across the board clean up, your post was perfectly fine mainly if i had left it stand it wouldnt have made any sense in the current state of the thread. It's just easier when the thread is such a mess to give it a fresh start.

Cud u delete wanderers last comment in reply 2 mine then please seen as that's how it kicked off! It's FULL of lies about my parents yet at the end they say fact! It's 1 of the main comments that shouldve been taken down!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ronnette wrote: »
    Cud u delete wanderers last comment in reply 2 mine then please seen as that's how it kicked off! It's FULL of lies about my parents yet at the end they say fact! It's 1 of the main comments that shouldve been taken down!

That post has now been deleted.

Ronnette wrote: »

HI Ronnette, sorry. I must have missed that one somehow, I was using the mobile today and it's a little awkward to clean up threads when your not on a pc. Lad Aquos sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

No issue at all! Happy enough once the other rubbish was dealt with! Resident vigilante that I am and all!!

ziedth wrote: »
    HI Ronnette, sorry. I must have missed that one somehow, I was using the mobile today and it's a little awkward to clean up threads when your not on a pc. Lad Aquos sorted it

No probs, thanx a mil :-)

Advertisement