Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to volunteer in Waterford

Options
  • 14-01-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi all I was looking to volunteer in waterford, Is there anywhere i can apply or see a list of places looking for volunteers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Hi all I was looking to volunteer in waterford, Is there anywhere i can apply or see a list of places looking for volunteers?

You can do my job while I sit at home and spend the wages :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Good thread Spank. I'll be interested in some answers coming down the tracks here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Register at volunteer.ie and they will steer you to an area suits your skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Okay thanks for the help, Keep the posts coming if theres anything!

Other than volunteer.ie, I will take a look on there tomor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Waterford Area Partnership, Westgate Business Park, Tramore Road is where the Waterford Volunteering is based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Thanks mate, I would like something mutually beneficial. the volunteer.ie didnt really have much just money collecting in city square that wasnt the type i was looking for. I will give that other site a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FeatherFelicis

The charity shops are looking for volunteers and St Vincent De Paul always a great idea to give helping hand. I did some time doing charity work in the shops it was great experience and I got to meet really amazing people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

I think I saw Childline looking for volunteers on Facebook. They have a premises in Waterford as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

CoderDojo Waterford is always looking for volunteers and mentors with a little programming experience! Just email coderdojowaterford@gmail.com

• Advertisement

Maybe theres more people who would like to volunteer, maybe this thread should be a sticky thread is that what ye call it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I enquired recently about volunteering in Adult Literacy and was told I needed to complete a course first (understandable). And they weren't taking on any more people until September.

:/

I'd be interested too, then, in similar volunteering to do with writing/reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Rigney Dolphin might be looking for volunteers to work in their call centre :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I recently enquired about volunteering with Simon South East. All they have available at the moment are jobs which would only suit an unemployed person, i.e. helping out in their shop 9 to 5. They are working on introducing a new "befriend" scheme but that may not be introduced for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ethan Edwards

Thanks mate, I would like something mutually beneficial. the volunteer.ie didnt really have much just money collecting in city square that wasnt the type i was looking for. I will give that other site a look.

Have you taught about the scouts? You would learn some new skills, get to see some great spots around the country, there are a variety of ages you can work with and you would be amazed how well it goes down on a CV and in interviews. There are groups all over the city and county and they are always looking for new leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭mm_surf

There is an organisation called the "Waterford City Volunteer Committee"

They arrange for the volunteers for the "one-off" type events such as the Tall Ships and Winterval. They also help organisations find volunteers for events.

Their email address is wcityv@gmail.com

Their facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-City-Volunteers/208174049221671

If you contact them, they'll be able to help.

M.

Have you taught about the scouts? You would learn some new skills, get to see some great spots around the country, there are a variety of ages you can work with and you would be amazed how well it goes down on a CV and in interviews. There are groups all over the city and county and they are always looking for new leaders.

Thanks for your reply, Im actually working around a tight schedule with children i have already so my hours would be early morns till lunch time, or just before i have to collect kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ethan Edwards

Thanks for your reply, Im actually working around a tight schedule with children i have already so my hours would be early morns till lunch time, or just before i have to collect kids!

Well might i suggest trying to get the kids into it when or if they are old enough. You'd get a few free hours a week and the odd weekend of peace and quiet too ;)
    Best of luck with the volunteering, my mother helped in oxfam for a couple of years when it was by the Gingerman and loved it.

Its away from them i wanna get!:D Im still looking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Waterford Area Partnership, Westgate Business Park, Tramore Road is where the Waterford Volunteering is based

have a look on facebook for Waterford City Volunteers, thats their page. mostly do festivals, nice people to work with

Edit: should have read the full thread before posting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

met a girl today from Make a Wish Foundation, "Brianna" - she is organizing a Volunteer info night & quiz fundraiser for Make A Wish, a noble & feel good cause in Waterford - think its on Mon 28th Feb

Advertisement