Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband.??? help...

• 14-01-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

lads im a farmer as ye may have know from the name :p but i do use the internet nearly everyday for ''donedeal, youtube and random google searches. my speed is very slow when loading a video you could wait 20 mins for a 4 minute video to load before playin :rolleyes:. the wife has wifi in the house but it is still very slow right beside modem. i am with eircom. is there any way to speed up or would a change in who i get broadband from help.?
    cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Could you go www.speedtest.net and see what you get there? Theres nothing like utorrent running on the computers is there? Try turning off the modem and turning it on again and then run www.speedtest.net again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ordinary farmer

download speed 0.39 mb/s upload speed 0.09 mb/s,,

download speed 0.39 mb/s upload speed 0.09 mb/s,,

That's brutal speed, your basically getting dial up. Try turn off and on the modem and run it again.

Did you check if utorrent is on the PC you are using. Should be in the start menu if it is.

its saying 0.44mb/s and 0.13mb/s.cant see utorrent on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Try connecting directly to the router and turning off wifi if you have the cable.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Try connecting directly to the router and turning off wifi if you have the cable.

ive been trying that befoe its still almost same speed

ive been trying that befoe its still almost same speed

If you type 192.168.1.254 into the browser you should get a screen same as below. What does it say your Speed and Line attentuation are?

Ring up Eircom and they'll send out an "engineer" to have a look and will also try to increase the speed you are getting over the phone. They will have to update your local exchange. Unless you can get UPC probably no point switching company as they all use the same lines as Eircom.
    H99QB.png

Thats an eircom forum as well here where eircom reps will help you if you make a new thread there.

areyawell wrote: »
    Thats an eircom forum as well here where eircom reps will help you if you make a new thread there.

any chance of a link I couldnt find it there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

any chance of a link I couldnt find it there

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

Advertisement