Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canned Tuna help!

Options
  • 14-01-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Phoenix wrote: »
    Bought some tuna frrm ALDI recently but it seems there was far more liquid/brine than actual tuna,so my question boardsies what brand do ye find has a greater tuna percentage than liquid in your opinions?

Ah Jaysus , you really need to get out more ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

John west No-Drain Tuna , by far the best canned tuna imo. Practically no liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Markcheese wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus , you really need to get out more ....

It's a valid question! You need to get out more if you feel the need to belittle a poster for trying to get value for money.

I usually wait till John West packs are on special and I buy a good few then. Nice taste and good amount of Tuna in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The world is full of valid questions ... Some dont really need to be asked...
    But if you find it troubling you try looking at the side of the can, many will have the net weight, or drained weight written on the side... And try getting tuna steak, not flakes or pieces... And no I haven't been out in a long time :)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

tbh i always buy the pole and line caught tuna in aldi...it's more sustainable than the other types esp the john west...almost twice the price but the worlds tuna stocks are almost depleted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - Helpful replies only, & no back-seat modding.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Second John West No-Drain, I like the "With a Little Brine" version myself but I think it's done in an Oil version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Second John West No-Drain, I like the "With a Little Brine" version myself but I think it's done in an Oil version too.
    Yup its done with a little sunflower oil too, thats the one i get usually.

Advertisement