Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quesition: Why is my PAYE so high

Options
  • 14-01-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey,

I have been working in my new job for four weeks now in Ireland and i get payed every two weeks but my PAYE is so high. Its taking a lot out of my wages can anyone explain why...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

skull_town wrote: »
    Hey,

I have been working in my new job for four weeks now in Ireland and i get payed every two weeks but my PAYE is so high. Its taking a lot out of my wages can anyone explain why...
    You maybe on emergency or maybe not,the tax here is reckless just to let you know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I think you'll find that everyones' PAYE is too high..:p

Is it possible you're on emergency tax?
    If so, it will be sorted and even itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skull_town

Emergency tax sounds about right had a quick Google there thanks...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Are you sure it isn't because you earn so much? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

There are plenty of calculators to give you an idea of how much you can expect to net when everything is sorted- if you're logged in you can see my signature for a link to my Excel 2007 spreadsheet (also linked on the 'About me' section of my profile page) or just Google "Irish tax calculator".
    To sort out Emergency tax you need to get a PPS number from your local Welfare office and then contact your local tax office to let them know that you're working and need a certificate of tax credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

skull_town wrote: »
    Hey,

If you have now been working 4 weeks in Ireland , it probably means you have some earnings in 2012 tax year and earnings in 2013 tax year .

You will need to get both tax years sorted , in respect of Tax , PRSI , USC .

Advertisement