Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I ask to be unbanned?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

A long time ago, maybe three years ago, some douche seriously defamed Brian O'Driscoll on the rugby forum. I gave him quite an amount of personal abuse and asked to be banned.

I thought I'd just be banned from posting, I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to read the forum anymore when logged in.

How do I go about asking to be unbanned?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Rugby mods are .ak, Agent Smith, Clareman, Crash, justsomebloke and RuggieBear.

A quick PM to one of them would be the first step.

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Evil_g wrote: »
    some douche

Not off to a good start there if you're looking to get a personal abuse ban rescinded.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Evil_g wrote: »
    A long time ago, maybe three years ago, some douche seriously defamed Brian O'Driscoll on the rugby forum. I gave him quite an amount of personal abuse and asked to be banned.

I thought I'd just be banned from posting, I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to read the forum anymore when logged in.

How do I go about asking to be unbanned?
    Sounds like your ban served it's purpose: you were no longer able to read material that you found offensive, to the point of contributing your own offensive material. And yes, judging by the way you approach the retelling of events, you haven't really indicated that you wouldn't do the same thing again.

Bans, functionally, restrict both posting and viewing for a fairly good reason: reading things that you find exciting/objectionable/offensive and being unable to contribute/respond/retort/post is only going to naturally spur one to circumvent the posting-ban (and people still do, because you can always view most forums while logged out). We see this same type of behavior in dogs that are on a leash around other dogs that are not: almost invariably, the leashed dog becomes extremely hostile.

Advertisement