Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canada flights

Options
  • 14-01-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Buddy is flying from canada to dublin and back to canada, it costs about 650 to 700 euro, but its only about 400 to 500 euro for dublin to canada to dublin. I cant see why there is so much difference in price. Anyone know a good way to get a better price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Try booking it from here? As if it was the reverse journey, one flight at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

650 is about the average I pay I travel to Canada every year. The Cheapest I've gotten a flight for is for 560 though to be fair I'm always looking for as direct a route & nearly always flying from London, if he's willing to get one with more stops they generally can be cheaper. Summers are crazy expensive though virgin airlines opened up flights last year & got my flight for 900 delighted! check them out not sure if its was only for the summer but worth checking

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

cuana wrote: »
    650 is about the average I pay I travel to Canada every year. The Cheapest I've gotten a flight for is for 560 though to be fair I'm always looking for as direct a route & nearly always flying from London, if he's willing to get one with more stops they generally can be cheaper. Summers are crazy expensive though virgin airlines opened up flights last year & got my flight for 900 delighted! check them out not sure if its was only for the summer but worth checking

I will be flying there in the summer, I wasn't aware that summer prices would be a lot higher. I wonder is it worth booking as early as possible then, or does that make any difference? Do the prices fluctuate a fair bit or just steadily get higher?
    When we booked for my OH in early december, we looked up the flights one night (planning to also book & pay but credit card was acting up) & looked again the following day & we saved €160, for the same travel date - this was for a 3-flight-trip, Dublin - London-Torronto - Edmonton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I will be flying there in the summer, I wasn't aware that summer prices would be a lot higher. I wonder is it worth booking as early as possible then, or does that make any difference? Do the prices fluctuate a fair bit or just steadily get higher?
    When we booked for my OH in early december, we looked up the flights one night (planning to also book & pay but credit card was acting up) & looked again the following day & we saved €160, for the same travel date - this was for a 3-flight-trip, Dublin - London-Torronto - Edmonton.

A good average would be about 650. I got lucky and got return from shannon - vancouver for 510 though this year.

I use skyscanner mostly to check prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

horse7 wrote: »
    Buddy is flying from canada to dublin and back to canada, it costs about 650 to 700 euro, but its only about 400 to 500 euro for dublin to canada to dublin. I cant see why there is so much difference in price. Anyone know a good way to get a better price.

The best way is to book flights from Dublin to Canada return. If you know you will be home xmas then try book return flight home for that date. You can then book another flight from Dublin Canada for coming back. Requires knowing your calander way in advance though so not realistic for most people.

Cheap flights on KLM at the moment, Dublin to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Canada. Short travel times and about €500 return.
    Same flights (same dates, same airline) cost about €400 more going from Canada to Ireland and back. Very annoying! It has to do with Canadian taxes and airport taxes but still doesn't make much sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

its canada dublin return.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Its really hard to make that call but yes I'd be inclined to book earlier my last few flights abroad have been through lastminute.com traveling in summer is always more expensive generally. Edmonton I've yet to go exciting enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

cuana wrote: »

Yeah that's what I've found too, I'm going to the west coast so it's a bit more than the east coast, but 650 indeed. Also, I still find London is the better option for me too. I like the daytime flights, I think it's more appropriate for calm travelling and saying goodbye to family. I would stress more getting up in the early hours for a 12 hour+ travel schedule.

Advertisement